iPhone JB 4S with 5.1.1 SHSH - How to reset and rejailbreak on 5.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kmichalec, Sep 26, 2012.

  1. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

    Aug 14, 2010
    Ok, here's my situation. I just upgraded to an iPhone 5 and will be living with out a JB for a little while (come on jailbreak community! I'll gladly donate to help get the iP5 JB released!) Previously, I had a 4S JB (done with Absynthe) on 5.1.1 with SHSH saved in Cydia and TinyUmbrella. My wife had a 4 JB on 5.1.1 with SHSH saved. What I want to do is reset my 4S to clear out all my stuff, restore the 4S from a backup of her 4 to get all her stuff on it, then rejailbreak it still on 5.1.1. Trying to lay out the steps in my head. Can someone tell me if I have it right, or if I'm missing anything?

    1. Do a Reset All Content and Settings on the 4S iPhone to clear out all my info.
    2. Do an iTunes Restore from backup to the 4S, from the last backup of the 4
    - Do I need to have TinyUmbrella running the TSS server when I do this, so iTunes thinks Apple is still signing 5.1.1?
    3. Once I have the 4S restored to stock 5.1.1 with all my wifes stuff on it, rejailbreak it using Absynthe again, just as I did the first time.

    For some reason, this seems way to easy, and I'm wondering if I'm missing anything? Do I even need to do step 1, or can I just proceed to step 2, as the restore from back will take care of clearing out the 4S?

    Thanks in advance. :confused:
  2. Intell macrumors P6


    Jan 24, 2010
    4. Wait for the new version of resn0w that will allow you to restore back to 5.1.1. Do not do anything else to the phone otherwise. Or you will be forced to go to iOS 6 and never be able to go back again.
  3. kmichalec thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Aug 14, 2010
    So you're recommending I don't try to reset it and reload it all right now, but wait for the new RedSnow? Is that because as part of the Restore From Backup, it will try to force me to upgrade to iOS6 as part of the restore process?
  4. kmichalec thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Aug 14, 2010
    Based on some more reading on this site, the answer to my question appears to be YES, so it's better to just wait for the new version of Redsnow.

  5. dhlizard, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

    dhlizard macrumors G4


    Mar 16, 2009
    The Jailbreak Community
    Call it a recommendation, better choice or whatever.
    Since you cannot currently restore a 4S to 5.x.x, waiting is your single choice.
  6. kmichalec thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Aug 14, 2010
    Ok. That's what I thought. Just was confirming. Thanks!

Share This Page