iPhone JB iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1, can i restore to iOS 5.1.1, if no how to proceed to 6.1.3 ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rak007, Jul 4, 2013.

1. rak007 macrumors 6502a

I have an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1 and is jailbroken currently with Absinthe. I am facing few software issues which I think may be not related to jailbreak.

Can i restore this iPhone 4 back to iOS 5.1.1 (same iOS version) using SHSH blobs or something ? If yes then how ? Assume i have the SHSH with me / cydia as well.
    Will this set the phone as new and i will need to restore back my contacts from iCloud and download all apps again ?

Or if i cannot do that, do i need to take special care when updating to iOS 6.1.3 or i do just a normal restore using latest iTunes on my PC ? Anything i need to be careful about ? I do realize i will lose my jailbreak on iOS 5.1.1 and i can do a tether jailbreak on 6.1.3 if i want to.

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

ILEX Rat or Semi-Restore CANNOT fix corrupted system firmware

I recommend using iFaith to save your 5.1.1 SHSH (if you don't already have them saved)
    Then, you can restore to 5.1.1 using those SHSH
    Back up in iTunes
    Choose set up as new, do not restore to backup
    You can restore your content using the tabs in iTunes

4. rak007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am not going with ilex or semi tether. I already read about it but I want to reinstall iOS.
    So say I use ifaith and save SHSH then how should I proceed with restoring to ios 5.1.1 ? I will also download the IPSW of 5.1.1

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

1. Dump your 5.1.1 SHSH blobs using ifaith
    2.Stitch the blobs to the 5.1.1 ipsw using ifaith
    3.Put device into pwned DFU mode
    4.Shift + click restore on iTunes and choose that custom firmware

Jailbreak 5.1.1 with absinthe 2.0.4 or redsn0w + download rocky raccoon from cydia

6. rak007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks everyone for the replies. Really appreciate it. Will be doing it this weekend.

----------

Can i use the iClarified method ? I found that bit simpler. Also with Absinthe i don't think i need to download rocky raccoon separately right ? Last time i Jailbreaked 5.1.1, it was automatically untethered JB.

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

The iclarified tutorial linked above will work but before you can do that, you still have to dump your iOS 5.1.1 SHSH blobs using ifaith if cydia doesn't have it

You just have to select "local" when it asks for SHSH blobs

If you use absinthe, it'll be automatically untethered

8. rak007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah thats what i was looking for. Thanks for this.

9. rak007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok so i did this 5.1.1 to 5.1.1 restore using iFaith, stitching blobs to IPSW and then doing shift+restore.
    The rensn0w method did not work as it was crashing the app all the time. Not sure why. I was getting Exploit Failed.

Nevertheless it worked at the end. Thanks for all the replies everyone.