JB/unlocked 3gs ver 4.1 only boots when tethered through redsnow

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noops, Jan 1, 2011.

1. noops macrumors newbie

As it says in the title...I finally JB (using redsnow) and unlocked (ultrasnow) my 3gs and after much wrangling got the thing to work. (Thanks to those that gave the the advice!) However if I leave the iphone and let it automatically lock it appears to go into DFU mode and will only reboot using redsnow "boot tethered." Is there a way around this? It seems a bit crazy because either I have to stop it locking itself through settings, or everytime the phone shuts down I have to plug it in to reboot!

2. Al3x87 macrumors member

Restore your phone, then unlock and jailbreak it again. I don't have any solution.. I never seen a problem like this.

3. noops thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, the phone decided for itself it needed to restore after refusing to reboot! Now I can't do a thing with it. I can't restore using my custom ipws through itunes (get various errors) it won't boot tethered in redsnow and tinyumbrella doesn't recognise it is connected. The most I can raise is a white screen. So odd - it was "working" before!

4. Al3x87 macrumors member

Then go to the Apple service and they will help you for sure;)

5. noops thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, yeah, I am not sure exactly how helpful they will be if they figure out I have flashed the baseband and hacked the phone...but worth a try if the phone doesn't start behaving!

6. Thisiswhatitis0 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same exact problem. Any luck with yours?

7. noops thread starter macrumors newbie

No luck no...have to send the phone back to the provider and see if they will give me a new one