Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
i just want to say thank you everybody for the fun these past 18 months and i may come back as a new member down the line but 635 posts is a little excessive so i would like to hear from the junior members more

that leaves spikey as the posts leader but if he left, too...then i think that leaves mrmacman at nearly 300 or so

keep on spreading the mac faith...we are all on the same team

daniel y
aka jefhatfield of macrumors.com

dantec

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
California
WHY WHY WHY???

NOOOO...

Comone man... we wanna see what happens when you reach 1000 posts!!!

Anyway... You've been very active in all the posts... and have been a good contributer to this site.

Bye!

DannyZR2

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2001
Texas
new wave

who will post the hour long/2000 word essays now??..

i hope no one steps up to that challenge..

anyway.. i think all the rest too have retired... spikey.. john123, kela, where is thaiyla??

groov'

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2001
Netherlands
Re: new wave

Originally posted by jefhatfield
i just want to say thank you everybody for the fun these past 18 months and i may come back as a new member down the line but 635 posts is a little excessive
so i would like to hear from the junior members more

that leaves spikey as the posts leader but if he left, too...then i think that leaves mrmacman at nearly 300 or so

keep on spreading the mac faith...we are all on the same team

daniel y
aka jefhatfield of macrumors.com

hey jeffhf,

I'm very very sorry. It was not my meaning at all to chase you away from the 'post' button. Just the overrepeating stuff has to be avoided.

In a couple of days I'll start a new thread and I can tell you now that we'll need your opinion on that one.

and a... don't feel ashamed about yourself. I'm probably about the same age as you are (although I'm still a junior).

[Edited by groov' on 01-01-2002 at 07:17 AM]

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Cut Back

You don't have to retire, I am guessing you will still monitor the forums and there for still leave messages!

I always enjoy reading your posts!

Have a nice Life,

Guy

joey j

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2001
Damn it, is it that important to retire just because your post count is so high? :p

Your essaylike posts always were eminently readable; you always had a salient point or two (or three, or...) to make.

See you in the future some time and take care.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
stay until 1000 at least... your commentary is wonderful and appreciated

stay around man... the party is just starting

samy85114

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2001
...and stay until the keynote, we all want your opinion about it... you still
an important " poster" here!!! well , you know how much you had cooperating... good job!!

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
keep lovin those macs jef. Many congrats on keeping this forum sane. you are the most prolific poster.

This has lost alot, due to kela, john and thayli going.

I have loved watching some of you prudes getting pissed at my language, you are pathetic and will never realise what apple computers are all about, you are what holds apple back. **** you.

Its time for me to leave too. Keep thinking different.

So its goodbye from me, and its goodbye from him.

networkman

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2002
california, usa
come on guys , let the old hatman retire

i am the new hatman and starting at zero so i don't look like a post-hogger like i became...i will now listen more than i talk

but thanks for the compliments and or criticisms alike

spikey, just re-register like that newton guy did and other senior members so to give a chance to the new members to feel freer to post...it's just shedding old skin

daniel y
aka "networkman"
the geek formerly known as jefhatfield

[Edited by networkman on 01-01-2002 at 02:14 PM]

networkman

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2002
california, usa
thanks

geez,

there i go again

now i am at two useless posts! spikey and kela are going to kill me and i am sure when monkeybusiness wakes up, he will have something to say...and joeyj, he will crucify me

well, twenty eight to go

DannyZR2

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2001
Texas
good idea Daniel

I do hope that others will follow. Yes there are plenty of newbies here.. but it isn't macrumors with out the seniors. and quad-seniors..

i

joey j

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2001
Re: thanks

(cue `Closing Time' from Semisonic, or `Only When You Leave' from Spandau
Ballet, as your tastes permit)

Crucify you? Not quite, maybe the prodigal-son routine would be a more apt
biblical analogy :p

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Sheesh

Man, Jef........er, I mean.........NetworkMan (dum dum dum da!!!!!) You had me scared. Only time will tell if you are truly the Jefster, and not an impostor.

Either way, if it IS you, nice to have you back.

-David Z

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Oh good. I guess Im just like doubting Thomas. I need to feel the nail holes first.

Woah. More biblical analogies.

Good to have you back NetworkMan

Ü

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.