Jerry Falwell Jr.: Trump is the Churchillian leader we need

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

2. MarkusL macrumors 6502

But what if I don't want a Churchillian leader? Maybe I want a Falwellian leader who can deal with Tinky Winky once and for all? :confused:

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

America has already been suffering dire consequences under the present so-called "administration."

5. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

6. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

7. MarkusL macrumors 6502

Churchill may have won a Nobel Prize in Literature, but I still think Trump may get some kind of award for that note from his "doctor". :)

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think US overthrow of Assad would help IS. And that's what he's suggesting.

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Comparisons between Trump and Churchill are utterly absurd.

By the time he became Prime Minister in 1940, Winston Churchill had been a Member of Parliament for 35 years. He was a commissioned officer in the British Army; had fought in three wars, and ridden in a cavalry charge. He'd also been a POW. He'd served as First Lord of the Admiralty - the civilian head of the British Royal Navy twice.

Churchill knew how every part of the British Government worked. He was intimately familiar with British foreign, domestic, and colonial policy. Winston Churchill had literally spent his entire adult life serving his country.

I would be hard pressed to come up with a figure in current American political life that was less Churchillian than Donald J. Trump.

10. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Churchill was many things, some negative, but he was not a loudmouth idiot.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If you really need a Brit to compare to Trump, I'd suggest Boris Johnson.

12. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Shouldn't a system's fairures be just as proportional? Last I checked, a free market society with limited government intervention (e.g. corporate welfare, corporate supply-side bailouts) is how things are being ran. Wages go down, so could that be a reason why reliance on food stamps has gone up? Is that Obama's fault, Bush's, or did either of them tell the market to screw almost half the nation over?

But haven't Christians said it as well? http://www.marketwatch.com/story/capitalism-is-killing-our-morals-our-future-2013-04-27

Has Falwell Jr had said any of that?

The article also references "one generation" - is that what Reagan meant when he said freedom could be lost in a generation? "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for..." (Dang, isn't Reagan - under that context - supporting unions? But that can't be the case, he's known for being a union buster... for what little unions are worth, they may have been more back then but today's unions are worthless (I agree with a bulk of the reasoning) and all that becomes a thread on its own...)

13. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Who can doubt that this is Donald Trump's Finest Hour?

Trump Finger.png

14. samcraig macrumors P6

15. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Are you sure it isn't blowback from a satirical website? There are so many of them now.

Churchill was an alcoholic. He was more eloquent when he had been drinking than Trump is sober.

Churchill was a fascinating and contradictory figure. Here is an interesting web page on Churchill and war.

http://www.raabcollection.com/winst...winston-churchill-denies-he-was-warmonger-who

If all goes well, Trump will be a footnote to history.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Churchill's record in India is a little less exemplary than how he led the Brits during WWII...

https://www.amazon.com/Churchills-Secret-War-British-Ravaging/dp/0465024815/

But Trump would have a long way to climb before he reached the soles of Churchill's clay feet.

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Trump is indeed Churchillian in his racism.

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yes there is that...:eek: but the chance of Trump's catching up to the worthier side of Churchill is roughly nil.