Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrplough

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
I am going to New Jersey over the weekend. I just picked up a macbook a couple of weeks ago.
When I go there, I need to pick up a:
-Backpack with laptop compartment for university
-Laptop Neoprene sleeve
-Speck laptop case
-Display port adapters
-External Blu-ray player
-External hard drive (not necessary)

I am Canadian so I don't know most of the stores.
If someone could help me, Id appreciate it a lot.

Here is the store directory if anyone needs to see the list
http://www.jerseygardens.com/go/dirlisting.cfm?fl=all

geoffreak

macrumors 68020
Feb 8, 2008
You can buy
-Backpack with laptop compartment for university
-Laptop Neoprene sleeve
-Speck laptop case
-Display port adapters
-External hard drive (not necessary)
at an Apple store.

geoffreak

macrumors 68020
Feb 8, 2008
Or save money and buy a good drive off newegg when you get to wherever you're going.

I would suggest this to, but it sounds like the OP isn't visiting any place where packages could be shipped to.
Not to mention the overnight shipping to make it on time for this weekend would cost more than buying in store.

mrplough

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
You can buy

at an Apple store.

There is no Apple store in that mall. I was asking if any local New Jersey people know of any good stores there to fit my needs.
And the apple store lets face it is overpriced always. So i probably would not go there anyways regardless.
I am going to the outlet mall to buy these things because they are more than double the price across the border...'
I am going to NYC for three days, but I am staying in Jersey City.

fr4c

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2007
Hamster wheel
The closest one in that area with a Apple store would probably be Garden State Plaza. They also have a Radio Shack in that mall, along with BestBuy right outside.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Yeah I've been to Jersey Gardens a bunch of times, there really isn't an electronics store in there.

For the Sleeve and bag, Im not really sure. Sometimes you find them in random stores, you could try Marshalls, I've seen them in the Marshalls by me before. You might also try Daffy's or Cohoes or some stores like that. They have mostly clothes but I've seen bags and stuff there before. You could probably also find something at Wilsons, or Kenneth Cole if you like leather. There are probably more stores for bags etc... just look around when you get there.

As for the rest of your stuff I doubt you'll be able to get any of it there.

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
The closest one in that area with a Apple store would probably be Garden State Plaza. They also have a Radio Shack in that mall, along with BestBuy right outside.

Avoid that place like the plague!!! I'm only half kidding. I grew up near there and remember when it was an actual open-air plaza with a few stores (anyone remember Bamberger's before it became Macy's?) Now that place is freakin huge, and parking is an absolute nightmare. Then you have to deal with all the BENNY's (and it seems like all of New Jersey is full of the now).

But back to the original topic: like others have said, buying online will be your best bet. However, if you are looking for that authentic Jersey shopping experience, northern NJ is the place to be. The area is chock-full of malls: the Plaza, Bergen Mall, Paramus Park, Willowbrook, Newport Centre, Secaucus Outlets, and a bunch of others, plus all the standalone stores along Route 17 and Route 4.

And while you are in the area, go to a diner and order fries with gravy and mozzarella. Yum! There are a few things I miss about Jersey...

Chris Rogers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
my house
There is no Apple store in that mall. I was asking if any local New Jersey people know of any good stores there to fit my needs.
And the apple store lets face it is overpriced always. So i probably would not go there anyways regardless.
I am going to the outlet mall to buy these things because they are more than double the price across the border...'
I am going to NYC for three days, but I am staying in Jersey City.

Go to Garden State Plaza or Menlo Park both within 20-25 minutes drive

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.