Jessica Chambers mystery

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 63dot, Feb 10, 2015.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Who killed Jessica Chambers?

Her boyfriend was cleared early on as a suspect and so was the store clerk who was among last to see her alive.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...ared-as-a-suspect-despite-social-media-claims

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...in-exile-courtland-deals-with-fears/23118049/

The two biggest theories getting traction were these two men so who do you think killed her if it's not them? Was it by a stranger or somebody who knew her? Was she in a gang, or were either of the two men as is said on facebook? Was it over drugs?

It is more common than not that a major suspect is "cleared" during the early time of the investigation so the authorities can build a case without interruption. It is only later when the facts seem conclusive enough for court does the authorities investigating name somebody.

This is one of the stranger murder mysteries out there.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Christ, she was burned alive. The article also says she told the police who did it before she died. Interesting to see how this develops.

3. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I read about this a couple of months ago - the details of her death were horrific.

4. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

There has been a ton of speculation on who could have done this. One theory points to her own father. Some say a drug gang, whites saying a black gang and blacks saying a white gang. Some think the cops did it and it's a big coverup case.

5. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Sad story, but I don't see the relevance to PRSI.

6. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

Some believe that her murder is related to race. Black gangs in the area had threatened burning of women and children related to employees of the police force. It's a social issue.

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Being burned alive ranks pretty high on the horrible scale. I only hope the bad guys are caught and given the death penalty.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Should we learn from them and burn them at the stake?

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Feeding them to pigs would be more just.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Who said anything about justice? We are going for revenge with the death penalty, perhaps we should take out their families too.

11. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

There is a nexus where justice and revenge meet and are well served.

If my daughter were burned alive I would want the person executed painfully. Or turn them over to me and allow me to put a bullet in their heart.

Don't like my thoughts on the matter? Don't care.

12. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

The main thing is that they catch the perp. We may not agree on what to do with murderer but one thing we can agree on is that this is solved.

My theory is that a black, or mostly black meth gang killed her and cops don't want to broadcast that and start gang wars in this town known for black gangs and white gangs making easy money off of meth.

One person is already dead and the last thing they want is an endless procession of drive by shootings based on this. One has to remember the rival gangs want any reason to take out the street pharmacy competition by any means necessary. After a certain number of years, the original purpose of the war is forgotten but only that each gang wants one more chance to kill is all that is remembered.

Nortenos and Surenos originally started with a jail killing over shoes but it has evolved into one of the deadliest and longstanding wars in the country involving thousands of lives and billions of dollars in drugs. We already see this type of violence in LA, NYC, Boston, Chicago and other major urban areas but the cops in this small Tennessee town don't want to see it escalate into big city crime.

If my theory is correct, the best thing to do is find the criminal, jail him, and do so in a way that won't instigate local gang wars. The cops probably already have enough business working with the drugs the gangs are pushing in the first place. Complete legalization would probably be the only thing to stop this madness, but that's for another libertarian flavored thread.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan