jesus not blunt

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sydde, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Not really sure what marijuana has to do with addiction.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I bet Jesus smoked a blunt or two in his day.

[​IMG]

Perhaps we should ban churches from locating near places of enjoyment.

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Thats nothing. There's a Kensington Church near me and in the parking lot there's a billboard inviting everyone to "Beer City" up north. The irony.

4. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

Obviously, if we had churches pay their fare share of property taxes, they would not be located in areas where people do business.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Yea, this was on the news last night. I hope the marijuana shop tells the church to stuff it.

6. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

If they manage to open, it will give Seattle twice as many weed sellers as Bingen, a city on the lower Columbia with 0.1% the population of Seattle.

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

ftfy

8. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Maybe they’ll just hand out brownies to the protesters.

9. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Jesus was opposed to idea of being stoned.:D

Seems what Uncle Ike is doing is perfectly legal. If Uncle Ike's Pot Shop is closed on Sunday, I would be tickled pink. A bunch of protestors picketing in front of a closed shop. Tree falling in the forest...:p

Y'all leave Uncle Ike alone. He fought the Germans in WWII, he lead our country as the 34th President. Let him enjoy retirement with his pot shop.:D

10. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

If the adulteress gets stoned, maybe she will … oh, nm.

11. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

12. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

...he did refer to himself as the son of God...

13. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

That was the opium talking

14. localoid, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014

localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

DMT (N,N-Dimethyltryptamine) derived from one of the species of Acacia found in the region is probably more likely. Opium just won't let you reach a level five psychedelic experience.

15. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

Is that the stuff they called "businessman's lunch" because you would be sailing for about twenty minutes and then come right down and be ready for the salt mines again? Because if jesus was using that, he must have been going through it like candy.

16. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Well, I wouldn't know about such things, but from what I've heard about DMT, smoking it provides a quick way to take a relatively short trip. In real time at least. The user may feel like he/she has been "gone" for several hours but in real-time only 10 or 15 minutes have passed. Those types of DMT trips are probably the of "businessman's lunch" type.

But if taken orally, the trip last for about 3 hours or so, in real time. Indigenous Amazonian Amerindian cultures consumed DMT in the form brew known as ayahuasca, which was said to result in trips of 6 hours or so. In terms of what time seems to have passed, it may seem like years have passed.

But whether taking a short or long trip, a level five psychedelic experience is said to be possible, i.e., the person becomes totally unaware of the people, places, and things in his/her physical surroundings, leaves the world as they know it behind and travels into another realm of existence. Prior to "level five" a person may just see the colors and visuals associated with a mild LSD trip.

But then, if conditions are "right", the real fun begins. Descriptions vary, altho' many people claim the experience defies explanation. Some people claim the (real) experience begins with a "zooming in" or "zooming out" -- they zoom in on a drop of water to the microscopic level or zoom out to a view from space of the earth or even continue to zoom out of the solar system to a point of viewing the universe as a distant object.

As the trip continues, the person might move beyond 3-dimension space into a multi-dimensional realm where they are sometimes joined by "a presence" of one or more beings, that may or may not communicate messages. Other people claim they went to what surely must be heaven, where they had a conversation with God. Others don't meet God, but they make find "answers" in a book in a huge library or hear a narrator's voice that provides insight about various topics. YMMV.

The last leg of the trip is returning to reality which make become an experience that may be quick or may seem to take a few hours. One may wander through the cosmos, making one's way back through the extra-dimensions back into the "normal" 3D world, or find themselves zapped back into the real world instantly.

If a level five experience is reached, they say most people will need a few hours or maybe a day to decompress once they've returned to the normal surrounding, as they try to remember and understand what took place. And too, it may take some time to clean up from the vomiting that may occur after trip's end.

Overall, this would seem to be an ideal sort of trip for the religious or spiritual type of person. :p

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

18. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Dunno. I'm still trying to figure out if you're real or if you're just one of the "shadow people." :p

Re: Really real trips

Aldous Huxley explored the question of realness in Doors of Perception, and talked about "filters." Dr. Rick Strassman conducted clinical research at a university, injected volunteers with DMT, and then wrote a book called DMT: The Spirit Molecule about the mystical and near-death-like experiences of his subjects.

Sometimes after I fall asleep, and leave all the external stimuli behind, I dream of falling, then I wake up mid-fall with my mind and body reacting as if I had almost fallen, which occasionally does cause me to be more observant and careful when going down stairs for the next day or two.

Real or not, it's almost seems like those things that happen in your head that seem real can change your worldview! :eek:

19. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

This is a tough one... I am going to go roll one up and think a little more on this. Come back to me?;)