Jet Black Exclusive to iPhone 7 or Will We See It on Future iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Nov 9, 2016.

1. MICHAELSD, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016

MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

There's a case that can be made for Jet Black being a special color/finish exclusive to iPhone 7 to make it more limited. If that's the case then I'd definitely be more keen on purchasing an iPhone 7 and probably will either way, but on the other hand if Jet Black will be an option on the iPhone 8 I might just wait to get a Jet Black iPhone 8 on launch day at this point. Any indication it's limited to the 7?

2. futurejetblackowner macrumors member

There's such a high demand that it would make sense for Apple to continue selling it, but it's so difficult to make and scratches so easily.

I think there's a 50/50 chance

3. blaine07 macrumors 68000

Id venture to assume it would be in their best interest to figure out a way to perfect the process before getting rid of the color. Such a demand. Literally can't take peoples money fast enough and produce enough. I really want jet black but not willing to deal with wait. :-(

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Which is why opted away from the Jet Black color, being how easily it can scratch. If they can improve on the anodizing process, then I would reconsider.

5. kjparfekt macrumors regular

kjparfekt

I want Jet Black Air Pods to match my phone - if they come out with that I'll instantly order