Jewish organizers successfully censor "Child's View from Gaza"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ct2k7, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

NOT MY STORY.

See the drawings that terrified the the San Francisco Jewish Community Relations Council and the Jewish Federation of the East Bay

To view the rest of the images, visit MECA's Facebook page. Click here to let MOCHA know what you think about their censorship of Palestinian children's voices by sending them a letter. Here's the the Jewish Federation of the East Bay gloating over the cancelled exhibit on Twitter.

http://mondoweiss.net/2011/09/the-d...nd-the-jewish-federation-of-the-east-bay.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ideas, thoughts?

2. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

3. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

Good thing they did, can't have Americans getting another glimpse into what's really going on there can we. It would be a PR disaster.

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I don't believe art should be censored ever. But, sadly enough, money speaks more often than rights so if the museum showed it they'd lose a lot of contributors in the East Bay*.

Perhaps, although I highly doubt it would ever be possible, this collection could be shown if followed by or shown along with the Isreali children's perspective of life in the region.

* (This is all being said without much information on the whole thing, seeing as how all the links seem to be quite one sided and lacking an in-depth analysis of the situation and exactly how far along the MECA and MOCHA were with this project.)

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I thought that was the American Government?

7. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Unfortunately, they don't always. This exhibit is a great example.

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

It's interesting to note that mainstream news articles on the incident do not cite external pressure as a factor in the cancellation, while websites and blogs with a pro-Palestinian slant highlight the involvment of the Jewish/Israeli community in getting the exhibition cancelled.

Palestinians get almost universally negative news coverage in the west.

9. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Do you deny that Israelis have killed Palestinian children? You should be ashamed of yourself.

10. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

Are you a child living in Palestine?

11. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

The children forgot to draw the Palestinians shooting rockets into Israel.

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Do you deny that Palestinian children are taught to hate jews?

Let me introduce you to Farfur. Enjoy Tomorrow's pioneers.

13. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

Probably because it's at a less occurrence than them getting shot at by the IDF, or IAF.

----------

Video 1: there's no hate in there. I have to say, the translation is very sketchy - missing bits out, but then again, it is translated by an Israel-supported organisation.

14. MacHamster68, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

yea right so everyone who thinks that the israelis have a part in the conflict and are not only victims is automatically pro palestinian

sure its the promised land and belongs to israel and the palestinians are all terrorists and its more then right to drop bombs on them

no offence and just as a exaggerating example :
    if thats the case ..hey americans some of you you live on british turf , as some parts of the United States belonged once to Great Britain ..you would not mind to move out of the way ? peacefully without any form of resistance if the brits take back whats rightful theirs
    not a nice thought or ? but then you would know how the palestinians feel and maybe get the idea that maybe the israelis are partly to blame too

15. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Obviously, because the children don't launch the rockets, they most likely don't know about it.

Are you serious? :eek:

16. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

They would be well aware, in that situation.

I didn't look at the translation, I heard what was being said - there is no hate speech in there - in fact, they are talking about defending themselves and using whatever means necessary, that includes shooting at soldiers if they attempt to attack the children - which is reasonable.

17. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

What flavor of kool-aid do you drink?

18. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

I am not saying that there is no right for the jew's to live there , but the palestinians have the exact same right to be there
    and both sides made mistakes that did cost lifes of innocent children
    The problem is everytime the israelis and the palestinians try to sit together to find a peaceful solution ....some walk away in anger because they dont get their will and start firing bombs and all to often its the israelis who walk away from those peace conferences

and if they one day want to establish peace it has to be a give and take , means the isrelis and palestinians need to find a compromise deal in land for land and jerusalem has to be open for all religions again without restrictions as a form of neutral ground

only then the killing of children will stop

19. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

So are you saying that the Palestinians are not launching rockets against Israel?

Well, then either the translation is blatantly wrong, or you didn't listen carefully enough. The show seems extremely aggressive and fanatic to me, especially since it's a children's show.

20. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

The same one that you're drinking, at the other end of the spectrum.

----------

No, I'm saying that they would be aware of them, but not as prevalent as Israel-origination ones.

For the record, neither of us can really comment on the number of rockets, because we don't live on either side - I would think.

The words may be there, but the grammar context is completely wrong.

the mouse - "What are we going to do?" - the girl replies: "Bidna nqawim." The normal translation of this would be "We're going to [or want to] resist" but Memri's translation puts a more aggressive spin on it: "We want to fight."

It is inaccurate in the lightest of words.

21. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

so your thread is just another example of the ongoing hate mongering that colors all discussion of the israeli/palestinian situation?

22. jsolares macrumors 6502a

Look at the maps of palestinian controlled land from the 50's, they're getting massacred, it's genocide but the world does nothing :S, i don't condone what the palestinians have done, but what the heck are they expected to do? kill themselves so that israelis can live in their land?

23. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Oh, I know the answer... They are supposed to go to the negotiating table, give, take, give, take, and then actually honor what they agreed to. Meanwhile, they probably should stop setting off bombs in cafes.

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I wish I knew where you lived, so that I might know which Natives your forebears suppressed.

Possession has been said to be 9 points of the law.

Some might call it survival of the fittest. Whatever.

Israel took what they believed to be their lands in antiquity, and they will defend to the death.

Political 'shows', and directing kids to create drawings for a specific purpose, will not change their determination.

25. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

No.