Jewish ridiculousness (Australia)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by .Andy, Oct 1, 2008.

1. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Just so you Americans and Brits don't think you've got a monopoly on religious nutters, we've got our fair share in Australia. And they're Jewish too which should be fun :).

lnk

God apparently is cool with you pushing or carrying as long as you're surrounded by wires six meters off the ground. A perfect example of how religion can make you believe absurdities.

And a great reply in the letters section today;

2. MBX macrumors 65816

Looking forward to see the documentary film "Religulous"

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

So they are requesting to be effectively put in a Jewish sanctuary?

4. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

There needs to be a law that forces Jews to stop exploiting Holocaust-guilt for extorting special treatment from the rest of the world, no later than 2020, 75 years after the end of WWII. This should hopefully put an end to these ridiculous demands. Sorry folks, no more VIP line.

Anyone catch the documentary Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden? Pretty much every muslim that Spurlock met exhibited courtesy and hospitality, then he tried to talk to some orthodox Jews and they punched him in the face.

5. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

I've heard of the eruv issue happening elsewhere. I guess it's stupid, but the rest of Australia has a holiday where you eat chocolate eggs to celebrate some dude's supposed rise from the dead, so it's all insane really.

To be fair, the ultra religious Jews give a really bad name to all the other Jews. A lot of them are really racist too. Come to think of it, Likudnik fanatics also give a bad name to all the other Jews by claiming to speak for them or represent their interests.

They can't win. :(

6. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yeah, but eating chocolate is something that people, religious or not, do in the privacy of their own homes. It's not invading on anyone else's privacy, view or real estate.

These guys are talking about putting up a giant "virtual wall" around an entire suburb, using aluminium poles 6 feet high. All this because they think they've found a loophope in the Old Testament? Deeply religious people looking for a way to fool God by drawing a symbolic boundary and pretending the outdoors is an extension of their homes? Mmmkay... now I see where their propensity for law wrangling comes from.

7. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Wow, anti-semitic much?

How about the past 4000+ years of basically being God's chosen to be crapped on people...which you prove by your obviously biased nature towards the Jewish faith vs any other religion and their even weirder ways.

8. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I don't know about how Easter is celebrated in the rest of the world, but there are definitely the egg hunts in public parks and the Easter Bunny installed in the mall like Santa Claus.

+1

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I had no idea they weren't allowed to push or lift objects during holidays. What a terribly odd rule :confused:

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I say that about every religion.

11. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Nope. I'm just anti-anyone who plays The Card as soon as someone questions why the rest of the world should bend over backwards to comply with some minority's every whim and ridiculous demand for special privileges.

12. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Maybe I've misunderstood this, but the community wants to create their own Jewish Ghetto? Have they got particularly short memories?

13. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

No idea where thats coming from.

This aint the rest of the world, its a small community in Australia.

You are singling out Jews as playing "the card", what card?

Special privileges? What?

14. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yeah, let's see... a wired fence, 6 meters high, now where did I see that before...? Hmmmmmm.

15. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

No, you played the card. I questioned why on earth an Australian suburb would allow itself to be enclosed by a wall just because some religious nuts can't push or carry stuff otherwise over fear of retribution from the flying spaghetti monster, and it didn't take long before someone was there with the "anti-semite!" card. I'm all for everyone having equal rights, but I'm vehemently against anyone being granted special rights on the basis of representing some ethnic or religious minority, and I'm even more against the nasty habit of exploiting collective guilt as negotiation leverage. I don't care if they're Jewish, gay, Muslim or tin foil hats, the audacity of asking that a WALL be put up around an entire SUBURB is just sickening.

16. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Yet your posts went straight to "the Jews" and the Holocaust. You didn't attack the fact that these are wacko fundamentalist Jews with a crazy idea, but approached as "the Jews" trying to get away with something.

Then you made that generalization about their propensity for law wrangling.

I think the issue is more about the fact that they are fundamentalists who just happen to be Jews, and the fact that their behavior is akin to those of other fundamentalists groups.

The article didn't mention the Holocaust. You were the first to bring it up. You appear to have assumed to know their negotiation tactics.

17. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Seems like a weird and complicated way of getting around the it is forbidden to push or carry objects law/rule.

18. kixsand macrumors regular

kixsand

This would have been a good place to start and end. Several of your comments made in this thread seem to be coming from a different place.

JMO

darren

19. toothpaste macrumors 6502

For example, some black people in the US think white people "owe" them 40 acres and a mule because of slavery as well as equal rights.

Jews think that things are "owed" them because of the Holocaust or because they were forced to build the Pyramids. So while I'm not crapping on anyone's religion or beliefs, demanding special treatment because of religion makes you a ridicule target of mainstream society. Jews separate themselves from all over groups, instead of living in peace with everyone.

This is an example of the separation I speak of;

random stranger "where are you from? I hear an accent"
    me "I was born in Europe and learned English in South Africa, hence the accent"
    A Jew "I'm Jewish"

Nobody asked about your religion, just where you were from. These are the kind of Jews that live in New York City so that's my experience and my $.02, which by the financial failure in the US is not worth much.

20. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I love how you say "SOME black people", but then say THE "jews" implying everything you know about them can be applied to every single one, everywhere.

And how is that not racist/anti-semitic?

Nope, thats your opinion.

I dont know where, other than generation after generation of stereotypical racism, people get this idea that every single Jew on the planet thinks they deserve anything but the basic freedom afforded to all human beings.

Thats your opinion or your interpretation of what youve seen.

Just dont go complaining when someone says "thats anti-semitic" when it clearly is. Just because Jews have their own term, or whatever, for racism against them, doesnt make them special.

David Cross once said, and im paraphrasing here: "No baby pops out the womb saying 'The jews have all the money', you're taught that."

21. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yes, that was my primary assumption as well, but then again most religious kooks don't even bother to put forth such demands. I very much doubt that Australia's buddhists ever requested infrastructural remodeling that catered to them. It also takes a pretty hefty sense of entitlement. And more often than not, that perceived entitlement is used as leverage. Last year a group of African immigrants in Sweden demanded that Sweden should apologize for slavery. There is zero rationale for this, since Sweden was never ever in its history a part of that business -- heck, I doubt any black people even set foot in Sweden before the 1930's, and this group probably knew that. They just wanted to power trip on seeing white people crawl in the dust, that's all. Swedes, Americans, who cares, all white people are the same, right?

How is that a generalization? When 12% of all New Yorkers are Jews, but 65% of all lawyers in NY are Jews, is that a pattern or a coincidence? Seen a lot of Asian lawyers on the news lately?

22. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Jewish people like practicing law? Wtf are you even trying to say here?

Im done posting in this thread. People will have their opinions, as racist as they are, and they can not be changed.

In closing, Id just like to say that most football and basketball players are black. So its not a generalization when I say that every black person must be athletic. They MUST be, just look at basketball and football!

:(

23. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yes, because a few Jews in Australia are making some demands, and a bunch of Jews in New York are lawyers, all Jews are kooks who are going to use the Holocaust and their vast legal knowledge that every Jew baby receives in exchange for its foreskin to make ridiculous demands that are a burden to the rest of society :rolleyes:

Or maybe, these Jews in Australia are just nuts and not representative of the entire religion. Just like Bin Laden doesn't represent all Muslims and Falwell doesn't represent all Christians. Hell, I'm Jewish, i've never demanded a thing due to the Holocaust, and I'm a complete idiot when it comes to the law.

24. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

to the comment regarding 12% of people in NYC are jewish and 65% of lawyers in NYC are Jewish..

That just means they are more successful and know how to invest in their future. Christians get four continents (N.A., S.A. Aussie, and Europe) and they are ridiculed but when Jews want a town that means they are evil? As long as they use it to the same extent as anyone else would, who cares? They still pay taxes and obey the laws like everyone else. Given that in NYC they are 5x as likely to be lawyers as everyone else, I'm sure they could do that town pretty good.

25. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yes, isn't stereotyping fun? As for myself, I'm a Swede. I talk like the Swedish chef, my name is Inga and I'm a 6'4" blonde with braided hair. I'm sexually promiscuous beyond belief, and I wear a viking helmet when I drive my Wolwo down to Ikea where I eat my daily meatball and lingonberry jam breakfast. Bork bork bork, jaa!
    They "get" four continents? No, they lived in Europe long before Christianity reared its ugly head. As for NA and Aussie, they took those whether the natives liked it or not. Jews are the only ones who were literally given a country. Here in Sweden we're predominantly atheists and agnostics, and if any Christians plan on taking our land we're gonna put up a good fight.