Jihadists slaughter 100 children in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

How Terrorists Win Over Hearts and Minds

Pakistan School Attack: Taliban Militants Kill 126 in Peshawar, Take Hostages

Victims described as mostly children at a school. Do they think they are making people love them, or hate them more and resist even harder, or will finally submit? In their minds, the kind of act that would make Allah proud. Really? More like turning on a spit in the depths of Hell. Humans are susceptible to this kind of corruption of an idea, God is on our side, no matter what kind of atrocities we commit. Just label it "God's work" and your good to go... :mad:

...sorry someone just beat me to posting this... Feel free to consolidate :p

2. Happybunny macrumors 68000

The school was for Military personal's children.

The thinking behind this is, the Pakistani Military will have to divert more resources to guarding their soft targets. Plus it's a blow for moral, Look you can't even protect your own.

3. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I really don't know how you deal with evil like this other than to use military force. You can't negotiate. I think horrendous massacres like this just remind us how stupid the human race can be and how easily we can be brainwashed into believing just about anything.

There are an awful lot of parents tonight dealing with just about the worse news possible and my thoughts are with them. The world can be a cruel place.:(

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Understood, logical, but atrocious. The Muslim religion at its most radicalized, by practice wants us to be intolerant of others, their ideas, and remain barbaric. We are better than this, aren't we?

Ironically it seems at times like the only solution is eradication, but that brings the rest of us down to their level. I'm sure they have grievances, but they can't force all of humanity to follow in their footsteps becoming religious fanatics too. Ultimately, I have no idea how, we have to learn to live and let live.

5. Happybunny macrumors 68000

And the CARPET BOMBING wasn't. Using AGENT ORANGE wasn't.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

This is so terrible. You would think the imams in Pakistan (and elsewhere) would finally have the stones to get up and decry this behavior and these wrongdoers in one voice heard all over the planet. These guys are not jihadis in the religious sense of that word, they are just mass murderers of innocents. None of the great religions preaches the slaughter of children, none says it’s ok to slaughter innocents, no not even to avenge deaths of other children that may have been caused by adult hostilities happening somewhere else. It’s an obscenity.

“If there really was a God here, he’d have raised a hand by now...” (the band Editors, in the "Papillon" track from their 2009 album In this Light and on this Evening).

If you have a faith, sometimes you feel like it’s being tested past the breaking point.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Don't forget all the munitions that we chastise the world for, but use knowing they kill indiscriminately for the cameras (the shock & awe opening to the Iraq war was a clear war crime attack on the general population) like cluster bombs!

9. Happybunny macrumors 68000

This was not a random attack.

The school was for Military personal's children.

The thinking behind this is, the Pakistani Military will have to divert more resources to guarding their soft targets. Plus it's a blow for moral, Look you can't even protect your own.

10. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I put forth no such disclaimers and have acknowledged that one groups terrorists are another groups freedom fighters. The U.S. does not have clean hands. And I don't condone blowing up weddings with a drone to get one guy either. Besides Bush blowing up whatever moral standing we had in the World, I still believe US actions overall have a desired goal of regional stability and peaceful relations. Yes you could counter, on our terms, but no different than any powerful country playing the power game. As a rule, I hope we can say today we are not imperialists. Have I drunk the Koolaid? :p

War is barbaric, but terroristic acts, take it a notch lower, like spefecially targeting children or market places and happily cutting off aid workers heads seems worse, does it not?

Agent Orange was more of a crime against nature and inadvertently people, including US personnel.

11. Happybunny macrumors 68000

You fight the war to win, if you cannot defeat the enemy in open combat you fight him in a war of shadows.

All terrorist wars are up close and personal, no cruise missile, fire and forget. I just wonder how many children died horrible deaths in Iraq 2003.

War is not like a Hollywood or video game as one of your generals once said "War is Hell":(

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Then you might examine the reason for this war. Death and destruction to push a religious agenda of control and intolerance is ... Intolerable. ;)

13. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Same as a war about OIL, in their eyes.

14. sim667 macrumors 65816

People do horrible things to each other...... No country can be considered exempt at that I don't think.

This is an exceptionally sad case unfortunately.

15. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

The second one. I doubt the Taliban care about diverting the Pak Army's resources. They just want to kill and then kill some more. Shock and outrage are their goal.

16. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

I'm against the use of torture for the most part and would only allow it under the most extreme circumstances, we're talking the ticking time bomb scenario from the movie - "The Unthinkable". With that said, if there was anyone more deserving of being tortured, it would be the monsters that perpetrated this despicable act and I would have no problem looking the other way.

There is absolutely no justification for killing children!

17. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

But I am sure the children were not practicing the right version of islam. terrorists keep proving why they cannot ever be left in power.

18. sim667 macrumors 65816

From what I've read its the Pakistan Taliban exacting revenge for the Pakistan Army operation thats been going on in North Waziristan (against the TTP).

I imagine the Pakistani Army has been brutal as well, desperate people are driven to do desperate things in volent areas and violent times, and in this case its ended up with 120 dead kids sadly.

19. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

This seems more believable given what barbarians the Taliban are:

The Taliban has killed dozens of children at a Peshawar school in a revenge mission for Pakistani schoolgirl activist Malala Yousafzai being awarded the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize.

Ahmed Rashid, an expert on the Islamic militants, told the BBC the insurgents had various reasons to attack the school, one of which was to send a message to the supporters of Malala, who advocates education for women and children. ​

20. Happybunny macrumors 68000

The first government of the state of Israel was made up of former terrorists.

Menachem Begin became head of the goverment also former terrorist.

IRA now sit the Northern Ireland parliament.

----------

You mean like Shock and Awe, I wonder how many children died then back in 2003.

21. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Shock and Awe back in 2003 do you really think that no children died in those bombardments.?

22. sim667 macrumors 65816

They've made a statement.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/...my-run-school-pakistan-20141216742794184.html

I'm not really sure why the OP has started a second thread on this....... Must be an excuse to spout a bit more racist rhetoric today.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1829580

23. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Are we really sure that they're muslims tho, they're not just crazy people? Because we really shouldn't say that they're islamic extremists unless we're absolutely sure!

24. giantfan1224 macrumors 6502a

giantfan1224

Children were not the target. I'm as disgusted as anyone else when children are killed but certainly you can see the difference in children being the target and being collateral damage. They're both atrocious but obviously one is higher up on the barbaric list than the other.

Edit: It's this moral equivalency thing that I'll never understand, that when these radical groups do some of these gruesome things like beheading journalists or attempting to kill a little girl because she wanted to go to school or killing a school full of children then we have to hear how the Western World doesn't have clean hands either. Really??