Jill Stein Ties With Trump in Detroit

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Oct 1, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Who said third party candidates are a waste of time? :p

2. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

not surprised but they did only survey 39 people though. people in detroit might be blue collar but most are pretty liberal and sniff out BS when it presents itself. trump is campaigning in the richer suburbs which have a greater mix of republicans and democrats but most of those republicans are more like 1% mitt romney-types. i think trump is around 30% in those areas, but I can't imagine majority of those people, no matter what their feelings on hillary can stand trump

3. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The Detroit News has endorsed Gary Johnson, albeit perhaps in between his 1st and 2nd Aleppo moment. The endorsement was a break w/ tradition for them since they have endorsed Republican candidates for 143 years. They said they realize Johnson is "the longest of long shots" (!) but said their endorsement was a matter of conscience.

We're on our own here folks. Anything could happen. But, as a friend reminded me, re-citing a link mailed to me way back in the spring while we Americans were more innocent than we had imagined, it's possible this whole thing is just a simulation. Not the election... the universe. In fact, take heart: we might even be in a simulation inside a simulation, which over time implies existence of almost infinite universal simulations, in which case pretty much "all bets are off." As if we didn't realize that in this election season.

4. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

39 polled in Detroit. Haha.

5. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Sheep? Lemmings? Herds of horses stabled in Elmer's friendly factory?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2016 ---

Poppycock and flapdoodle said by some guy wanting to find more way to wring money from the rubes. Oh, wait, everywhere else it's that Elon Musk dude who was attributed to saying it. Maybe everyone says it.

Still, tech media has said Bill Gates is scared of AI while Nadella is rabidly embracing it. Gates must be losing much sleep nowadays as a result...

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Who can be sure what Bill Gates constructed in his garage back in the day. A good entrepreneur always has a few UFOs (Un Finished Objects) on the shelf... granted Gates could be losing sleep for awhile now if one of them had somehow got out. :eek: [looking at Donald Trump with fresh eyes]

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Sample size of 39? FFS you might as well just go by what your friend said they would vote for.

8. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Friends with Cuba, friends with Russia, now friends with the green party. Trump really is a genius. :D

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't think Jill Stein would agree that he is a "friend". :D

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Probably they all work for Amazon, part of the new "tech hub" rebranding of the city? If so, I rather doubt they're for Trump. I can see them voting for Johnson maybe. Or Clinton if they're pragmatists and realize K street runs the government anyway. Go along, get along, send a lobbyist if you don't like the legislation...