Jim Bakker: God Will Punish America If We Don’t Elect Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Nov 3, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well there you go folks direct from gods mouthpiece. then again trump would make us suffer too.
    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/jim-bakker-god-will-punish-america-if-we-dont-elect-donald-trump/

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

What fairy is passing all these Anti-Trump articles to you? DNC, CTR, Soros?

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

right because we cant find bad things about your great leader. it is called the news. nothing to do with fox or rush limpbaugh

4. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Stevenson, try finding something more serious next time.

5. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

what can't have some fun?

6. chown33 macrumors 604

Doesn't some televangelist do this every Presidential election?

Who remembers 21 December 2012? I, for one, am glad all those predictions came true, and here we are in the End Times.

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Really, Steve. If it's not from something as credible as Wikileaks or Breitbart then just stop posting.

8. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

God has been overdone. Find us something new. :p

9. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

usually if god approves the people don't.

10. Zenithal Suspended

Ah, yes, the same God that would be furious if we didn't send our young boys over to Europe in the The Great War and the Second World War. The God that would send us to hell if we didn't outlaw alcohol thus leading to prohibition. The same God that would be angry if we didn't invade the middle east. The same God that would have smite all of earth if we elected earth. The same God that manages to influence Catholic priests to rape defenseless children. The same God that was said to be capable of imploding the earth if the Supreme Court allows same sex marriage.

At this point in time, it's very simple to attach that three letter word to anything and everything and gain traction. Though, I suppose one could say Donald and Hillary are retribution for our misdeeds...

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

No need for God to be involved. If we DO elect Donald Trump we will be punishing ourselves. Guess we are screwed either way!

12. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Only reason I know about that Jim Bakker chap is because his videos are edited into comedy by Vic Berger. Bakker seems incredibly unstable and sly, what with conning people into thinking the worlds ending to sell his buckets of food. What a world.

15. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

God won't need to punish us, H Clinton doesn't need any help.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

You'll sorely be dissapointed while kicking and screaming that the psycho did'nt get a chance to grab us by the ****.

17. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

If you're going to call one of the nominees "psycho", you need to be more specific.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Accept we know which one likes grabbing private parts for sure. :)

19. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Just being in this forum feels like punishment. :rolleyes:

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

You could be onto something with that, for sure.

I was thinking the other day maybe they're both just AI and could be tweaked or repaired or something after the election and before getting sworn in. You know, to make whichever one of them wins into something a little more appealing to both sides of the aisle.

21. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

The strategy is working.

"If you have any dislike for Hillary Clinton, then you are a racist, sexist bigot."

That's what'll get Clinton elected.

22. Zenithal Suspended

A career politician versus a celebrity. I seriously can't believe we've advanced this far in the election. Swap out Hillary for Martha Stewart and I'd have cast my vote for Martha.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Oh man, I can only imagine Berger operating on some video of Jim Bakker, I'm going to have to go look some of it up.

The New Yorker ran a little piece about Berger back in the spring, I really enjoyed it.

Excerpt:

Nowhere is the critique funnier and more biting than in Berger’s videos featuring Jeb Bush. The Bush campaign became known for its slick digital marketing. (In a typically lavish effort, Bush’s super PAC, Right to Rise, mailed out digital-video players loaded with a documentary to supporters.) This provided Berger with an embarrassment of material to work with. In one of his most popular videos, set to an inspiring soundtrack, a smiling Bush recites a list of Apple products. The footage came from a series produced by the campaign, in which Bush, trying to project an air of familiarity, answers questions about his personal life. Stripped of this context, Bush takes on the tragicomic desperation of a spambot trying to lure human followers by associating itself with search-engine-optimized keywords.

24. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I think regardless of Trump or Clinton being elected, either reflects very poorly upon our society. The clown vs. the crook.

How did we get here?

25. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

We kept saying it's all politics, it don't matter.