Jobs: 'Are you nuts' to European expecting iPad in April

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Compile 'em all, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Oh this is too good :D

Source

2. GamecockMac macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

3. Robin4 macrumors 6502

This reminds me of a reply to a German request to surrender in Bastogne's during WWII. When General Anthony McAuliffe, acting commander of the 101st, was told, a frustrated McAuliffe responded, "Nuts!" He was ticked off, there was so much work to do and he didn't have time to tell him off.

A true American reaction.

4. AliasHandler macrumors newbie

Oh Please

It's not as if they are intentionally sleighting the international community. Japanese products go to Japan first. European products go to Europe first. American products, likewise, go to America first. It's the nature of the business. God forbid you have to wait another month due to massive demand for the iPad. Jobs has the perfect response to this. They are managing the demand as well as they can. Would it be better to be sold out within 12 hours of international release? Or at least have enough supply to last through the first week so that people outside of the ones camping out overnight have a chance.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

No wonder it's taking longer to get Apple products out. Steve is spending way too much time answering email.:eek:

6. Bosep macrumors regular

I do understand why the iPad is delayed, but it would actually be good to know if your country even gets the ipad, I mean "internationally" only means 6 countris in Europe. When does the rest get the iPad? I mean... Just say: Fall, Winter... So I know if it's worth importing or not...

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What a jackass. Like Jobs and Apple wouldn't love to do a simultaneous worldwide release.

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

That's what bothers me too. :(

9. sishaw macrumors 65816

sishaw

Man, I still can't find Weetabix at my (American) grocery store. Maybe THAT'S why.

10. racer1441 macrumors 68000

11. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

12. WytRaven macrumors 6502

Fixed that for you.

13. Compile 'em all thread starter macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Yeah, I am very suprised with the amount of emails he has been writing this year. May be I should email him to add me on AIM! ahaha

14. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

15. aluren macrumors 65816

16. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I have to applaude Jobs and Apple on the launch of iPad. Its much better to launch in a limited area and have a decent supply than to launch worldwide and have a shortage for 2 years (i.e. Nintendo Wii).

Just relax, it will be released eventually. This gives Apple more time to work the bugs out.

17. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Nicely played sir, nicely played.... Also, I do agree with such assessment. eBay is the way to go, a bit more expensive, but hey, it gets the job done.

Attached Files: