Jobs cops out of listing exactly who gets what on 4.0.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WeegieMac, Jun 7, 2010.

1. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

The photograph shows an iPhone 3G/3GS and iPod touch and says the following devices support the new OS and there's an asterix beside iPhone 3G saying "Not All Features Supported".

Now, considering the iPhone 3G and 3GS look identical it's a little misleading to show the new UI on the screens of the iPhone and iPod touch on that slide if the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd generation don't support that feature ... which we know it doesn't thanks to our devs on here who've tested the betas.

Not everyone is on here and is clued up though, so it's a little misleading.

2. jtara macrumors 65816

This is old news, and they've already said what is/isn't supported.

Mainly, the older devices don't get multi-tasking.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

+1 ... pretty sure that's it.

4. WeegieMac thread starter Guest

WeegieMac

Wrong.

There has been NO official word on what is and isn't supported on the iPhone 3G and iPod touch second generation.

It says "not all features (plural) are supported", so it's not just multi-tasking.

We already know home screen wallpapers are not supported thanks to our beta testers on here, but how hard would a chart be to show which devices gets what features?

5. G-Force macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]
    Well, this would suggest homescreen wallpapers will be available on the 3G, but with Apple you never know. Maybe in the GM build it's enabled.

6. WeegieMac thread starter Guest

WeegieMac

Nice find, I just noticed that on the Apple website just now while preparing to watch the iPhone 4 video.

7. rellimie macrumors member

I'm pretty sure they went over this in the March keynote when they announced OS4.

8. orangerock macrumors regular

He did.

9. WeegieMac thread starter Guest

WeegieMac

No, he didn't.

Go to iTunes, download the keynote, watch it again, and come back.

All Jobs said in March was what was put up today on the slide, that not all features are available. There has never been a specific list of which device gets what. The only thing Jobs confirmed in March was that multi-tasking would not be on the 3G, as expected.

Everything else remained a mystery.

10. rellimie macrumors member

Well I've known since March. Maybe the information was provided when I downloaded the beta. I don't remember. I just know there was a list somewhere.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

He did say multitasking was not going to be supported on 3G models but they never gave exact details what features will and will not work with early models.

12. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

A $25,000 Mustang and a $100,000 Mustang look almost the same, that doesn't mean they both support the same speeds. It's whats on the inside that counts.