MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
The press release states that Steve Jobs will be giving the keynote address at WWDC:

Apple® (Nasdaq: AAPL - News) today announced that Steve Jobs will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote on Monday, June 23, 2003, beginning at 10:00 a.m. (PDT) at San Francisco's Moscone West.

WWDC begins on June 23, 2003 and runs until June 27th.

zulgand04

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Northborough, MA
is this normal? because if its not this could be another big month in june.

-Neal

sorry did't notice someone already asked is this normal.

Comment

eric67

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2002
France, Europe
news from Apple and Looprumors.com on Panther

Dear all,

I think macbidouille news regarding the PPC970 might indeed be true regarding at least the date, just check the last announcement from Apple itself

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2003/may/08wwdc.html

our looprumors.com : http://www.looprumors.com/

I am not saying that MB benchmarks are entirely true but we might expect to see Panther demoed by Steve itself during the keynote, and if it is the case it needs an computer to run it.....

Comment

Jeromino

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2002
I guess that locks in the whirlwind of anticipation for whatever it is he'll say :)

Comment

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
does anyone know if this is normal, for ol Stevie to giving the intro talk???

edit: ok I see now that about 5 other people asked the same question. And I thought I was special...

An interesting bit from the press release, although probably nothing:

expanded labs with the latest Mac systems where developers can port and test their code and get technical assistance from the Apple engineers directly responsible for the technologies

Could this signal a preview of 64-bit Panther??? I know, I'm reading too much into it, but it's nice to fantasize isn't it?

WWDC’s first Enterprise IT Track specifically designed for enterprise developers, system administrators and IT managers so they can fully leverage the open source and open standards approach at the base of Mac® OS X, Mac OS X Server and Xserve® technologies;

It's nice to hear that Apple is finally making a bigger push for the enterprise market. Finally. Maybe they're doing b/c they finally have the hardware (i.e. 970) to back them up. It sure is fun reading into all this stuff. A good time to be a rumor monger, no?

Comment

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
mmm, i can smell burning G4s already..... (not that they havent been good to us or anything)

Comment

merges

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2002
In fact, Jobs has been involved with the WWDC keynote since at least 1999.

While it is a "normal" or "routine" phenomenon for Jobs to give the keynote at WWDC, I wouldn't for a second consider that detrimental to the potential "bigness" of announcements that may be made at the show.

Comment

cosmicsoftceo

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2002
expanded labs with the latest Mac systems where developers can port and test their code and get technical assistance from the Apple engineers directly responsible for the technologies;

What else could that be except 970s!!

:)

edit: oh, that's from the press release...

Comment

onemilkid

macrumors newbie
Go Stevie, it's my birthday

We gonna party like it's my birthday.

23rd is actually my 23rd birthday, so if steve o. present me an 2,3 GHz PowerMac with 2,3 Gig Ram for 2300 DeutschMarks (Euros would be to much) I'll take at least one.

Make my day Steve

Comment

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Originally posted by arn
Steve Jobs gave the keynote at WWDC last year

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2002/05/06/wwdckeynote/

How dare you post facts to a rumor site :)

1. Developers are the CORE of Apple and new produxts or not, Steve Jobs would be likely to provide motivation to his most critical audience.

2. Apple is about to go 64 bit. This is clearly a developer issue and that alone would explain the one month deferral so a better Panther could be prepped. So I would wager this is a mostly 64 bit OSX news event.

3. It is likely pre-release 970 hardware will be demoed in association with Panther at WWDC. But what is the likelihood they will be selling shrink-wrapped Panther at half price to developers with every purchase of a dual 1.8ghz 970 system at 30% off? It would rule!

Rocketman

Comment

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Great... just great... and I'm going to be in an orphanage in Romania where I'll be lucky to have hot water let alone internet access to find out if the 970 is out or not... I guess I can wait though... :) but really... what are the odds?!

Comment

Frobozz

macrumors demi-god
Jul 24, 2002
South Orange, NJ
Originally posted by SilentPanda
Great... just great... and I'm going to be in an orphanage in Romania ... what are the odds?!

Astronomically large if you don't make a habit of visiting Romanian orphanages. ;-)

Comment

a_kim

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2002
DC
Originally posted by Frobozz
Astronomically large if you don't make a habit of visiting Romanian orphanages. ;-)

And 100% if you are a Romanian orphan.

-Alex

Comment

Mr. MacPhisto

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2003
Re: Jobs to Give WWDC Keynote

Originally posted by Macrumors
The press release states that Steve Jobs will be giving the keynote address at WWDC:

WWDC begins on June 23, 2003 and runs until June 27th.

Should be a good week. New Harry Potter on Saturday, Steve talking on Monday, and ordering a new 970 PM on Tuesday - which is what some sources have claimed. That would fit with what I know about the 970, because it began production not long after the beginning of the year.

Now here's the other question: Will Stevie's address be broadcast live from Moscone? Has his WWDC address ever been broadcasted? If not, then it would be a huge development if it was announced that we could got to the Apple store and watch it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.