Jobs to Keynote MWSF

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
As expected, Steve Jobs will give the keynote speech at MacWorld Expo San Francisco 2003.

Keynote speech is on Jan 7, 2003 at 9:00am PST.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs will deliver the opening Keynote Address at Macworld Conference & Expo/San Francisco 2003. The best place to learn first-hand about Apple's latest innovations and initiatives, this is Macworld's most exciting and anticipated Keynote Presentation. Don't miss your chance to discover what's hot, what's new and what's next for the Mac community.*

NoWonder

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2002
NoWhere
Is this news?

This is hardly news, or even a rumor. This is just expected behavior. It would only be news if he wasn't going to be there.

--nw

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Re: Jobs to Keynote MWSF

Originally posted by Macrumors

Apple CEO Steve Jobs will deliver the opening Keynote Address at Macworld Conference & Expo/San Francisco 2003. The best place to learn first-hand about Apple's latest innovations and initiatives, this is Macworld's most exciting and anticipated Keynote Presentation. Don't miss your chance to discover what's hot, what's new and what's next for the Mac community.*
Could it be that this text has not changed since MWNY 2001, when I started to use the net extensively??

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
god i hate these slow periods on macrumors :D
i usually come here in the morning to drink my
coffee. where are my rumors!!!!! :cool:

crocodile-man

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2002
Tell me about it man... heck, not even a mention of a slimline superdrive from pioneer yet... even with all this toshiba talk.

Atleast make some stuff up guys, like "New Powerbooks were to be announced today but superdrives are delayed in dock lock..."

Give me something thick to waste my time with.. rather then sensless forum posts...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
his is Macworld's most exciting and anticipated Keynote Presentation

Is this subtle selfhype or is MWSF the big show normally?

D

iSmell

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2002
Originally posted by beatle888
god i hate these slow periods on macrumors :D
i usually come here in the morning to drink my
coffee. where are my rumors!!!!! :cool:
You think you've got it bad? I reload this page every five minutes, twenty three and a half hours a day. The remaining half hour is reserved for bodily functions and searching eBay for that one dual 1.25 tower that nobody noticed and is about to close for 35¢.
How am I supposed to live like this??

Time to reload.

-iSmell

beatle888

macrumors 68000
Feb 3, 2002
Originally posted by iSmell

You think you've got it bad? I reload this page every five minutes, twenty three and a half hours a day. The remaining half hour is reserved for bodily functions and searching eBay for that one dual 1.25 tower that nobody noticed and is about to close for 35¢.
How am I supposed to live like this??

Time to reload.

-iSmell

actually, i just didnt want to admit it. i too am here all day long. :p

nandoone

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2002
Hello People!

I'm looking for an iMac image. twice the size of what apple has posted on their web page.

I'm creating this goof walpaper and I need one really bad.

Thanks.

eyeONdoor

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
new york
well, if we're all confessing i too am here all day.

has anyone heard any news of new displays?

i looked on the other thread and it has gotten only nine replies in the last two days. oye!

rice_web

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2001
Minot, North Dakota
Seriously, I spend at least a couple hours a day searching sites like MacRumors and wasting my life away. I haven't even graduated from high school, and I've been doing this for a year. If I live to the expected life span, I'll have spent close to six years on rumor sites.

When we have news that Steve Jobs is going to provide us a keynote for a MacWorld Expo and no other substantial rumors, things are pretty pathetic.

In other news, have you guys seen the benchmarks on the AthlonXP 2800+? Wow. That's a nice chip. I can't wait to see the benchmarks when AMD doubles the cache.

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
[sarcasm]

Jobs doing the keynote at MWSF?!?!? Clearly he's going to announce the new iWalk!

[/sarcasm]

[psychic powers]

New Powerbook.... New Powerbook...

[/psychic powers]

markiv810

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2002
in Limbo
A dream laptop for Jan 2003

The ideal specifications of my laptop ( PowerBook) for Jan2003, dual power4 1.6 ghz ( 400 mhz FSB) with a Radeon 9700 pro graphics card RAM upgradable upto 4 GB and 100 GB HD@ 7200 rpm.

That's all I need, nothing much.

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
Originally posted by dukestreet
his is Macworld's most exciting and anticipated Keynote Presentation

Is this subtle selfhype or is MWSF the big show normally?

D
MWSF is normally The Big Show. MWNY is comparably big, but I think if they were forced to choose, they'd go with SF.

kidA

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
little off topic, but are new machines shipping with OS 10.2 yet? or are they still on 10.1.

mAxximo

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2002
Re: Jobs to Keynote MWSF

Originally posted by Macrumors
This is Macworld's most exciting and anticipated Keynote Presentation.

Frankly, I don't see the excitement in having that a**hole publicly announcing that the new Apple boxes will be "Mac-free" —OS X only— from that moment on.
It's going to be one of the lowest moments in Apple's history.

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
Re: Re: Jobs to Keynote MWSF

Originally posted by mAxximo

Frankly, I don't see the excitement in having that a**hole publicly announcing that the new Apple boxes will be "Mac-free" —OS X only— from that moment on.
It is Mac OS X, isn't it? :D

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Re: Re: Jobs to Keynote MWSF

Originally posted by mAxximo

Wont they be booting on Powermacs and iMacs running Mac OS X?

Sounds like we got a troll....

markiv810

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2002
in Limbo
It's time to move on from 9 to X

Slightly off the topic.

I guess having a stable OS isn't that bad compared to OS 9 that always used to crash. I know that there would be many people who would differ on the choice of 9 or X but all of us here know that X is far more stable than 9 and the GUI is much better. Atleast we are better of than the Windows users who are using DOS or modified dos , that is NT ( New Technology) and would never experience what OS X is beauty with brains.