Joe Biden running for President

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

[​IMG] Joe Biden (@JoeBiden)
    4/25/19, 5:00 AM
    The core values of this nation… our standing in the world… our very democracy...everything that has made America -- America --is at stake. That’s why today I’m announcing my candidacy for President of the United States. #Joe2020

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Awful logo.
    My opinion? His hyperbole won’t pay off.

3. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Yeah I’m not a fan of the logo either.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

6C85F53B-5FBB-4389-AFC6-E69C2A538555.jpeg
    2020. Predator vs predator :p
    --- Post Merged, Apr 25, 2019 ---
    ADF045E8-BA71-422E-A337-529003B08325.jpeg
    Do love election memes

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Don't lie you love all memes

You're an imgur groupie

7. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

If Biden can make the case this is about beating Trump and he’s the one who can do it then I think he gets the nomination. And I do think he’s best positioned to appeal to older white people in the northeast/midwest (and transplants to Florida). But let’s see how he does when asked about Medicare for All, green new deal, allowing felons to vote, reparations etc. Does he pull a Kamala Harris and say these things deserve to be studied more or does he deflect and pivot to this election is about beating Trump and I’m the only one running who can.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

If he runs on winning vs Trump he might win the nomination but not the general elections.

9. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

According to 538 he's got quite a bit of support across the spectrum

10. appleisking macrumors 6502a

What exactly is wrong with allowing felons to vote? Last I checked constitutional rights apply to felons too.

11. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

What are your feelings ?

Is Joe your candidate in the primaries ?

12. retta283 macrumors 6502a

retta283

I think he has the best chance of beating Trump even after recent events.

13. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Yang2020

14. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Well I’m not a Democrat so I won’t be voting in the primaries. I think Biden can win mostly because there are so many candidates running the votes will be disbursed amongst 19 other people.
    So if someone is in jail because they murdered someone they should be able to vote?

15. retta283 macrumors 6502a

retta283

I don't know... Is Yang actually someone running? There are so many democrats running at once it's confusing me.

I hope Biden picks Romney as his running mate, that ticket would have appeal.

16. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Yes.... the constitution doesn’t say you have the right to vote unless you kill someone. We’re ok with feeding, housing, and providing medical care free to murderers but they can’t vote? Well thank god he can’t vote I feel much safer now /s
    Yup he’s the most reasonable and would do well with trump supporters as he’s not into identity politics and wants to address automation and disappearing jobs.

17. niji Contributor

niji

biden / abrams ticket.
    wins 2020, by landslide. 65% popular vote. and tremendous electoral college majority.
    welcome home, pennsylvania. and a special welcome to georgia.

rump runs out the clock with continued obstruction. won't be impeached. ;(
    but not to worry, will be indicted on january 20, 2021 at 9:10 am.
    lock 'em up.

18. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Believe me Biden scares Trump the most...because he can win rust belt blue collar voters. Don’t forget Trump didn’t run as a conservative (white identity politics isn’t conservatism). He didn’t run on tax cuts for corporations, he said he wouldn’t touch entitlement programs. He never talked about the debt or deficits. And didn’t spend much time on abortion other than saying he’d appoint Supreme Court justices who were pro-life. I doubt older and/or working class whites in the rust belt are that passionate about abortion. So long as Biden stays away from the more extreme positions in his party I don’t think it will hurt him. Same with guns. If he stakes out a middle ground I don’t think these voters will be worried he’s going to take their guns away. Now if Biden gets dragged to the far left then he’s got no shot.
    I have no problem saying if you commit a crime that forces you to be locked up in jail you lose certain privileges and one of those is the right to vote. Anyway I’m curious why this is even being talked about. I doubt this is high on any voters priority list of things they care about.

19. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

POTUS expected response:

Trump: Crazy Joe <blah>

20. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Are you going to skip the Republican primaries (Trump vs Weld) ?
    Along with Hillary ?

21. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

What evidence is there Stacey Abrahams has national appeal? She couldn’t even win her state.
    Yes. And if I vote in 2020 I’ll write in Mickey Mouse or something on the presidential line.

22. appleisking macrumors 6502a

You just equated a privilege with a right. Rights can’t be taken away.... except generally when a danger is posed (violent criminals being armed or yelling fire at a movie theater). Is it really dangerous to allow them to vote? What are they gonna do with that? Like I said we feed them clothe them provide healthcare to them even conjugal visits but voting is where we decide to draw the line. It’s silly.

23. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Do you really want felons, in jail, to vote for criminal justice reform, and judges?!? (that would also encourage gang members, and other criminals to vote as the jail population would become a heavy weight in elections, especially local elections).

Not really. Some of their rights are temporarily suspended (they can't talk to whoever they want, they can't go wherever they want, they certainly don't have right to privacy etc.).

24. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Including the right to possess a firearm?

25. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I disagree, but I am really curious to see the evolution of this. It will be a very interesting dynamic to observe. CNN is already doing some resistance...