Joe Biden says Jim Crow is coming back

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, May 4, 2019.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Way to tune out a whole class of voters who might be receptive with this stupid hyperbolic nonsense. Of course no one is going to challenge him on this stuff.

2. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

He’s not going to get any votes from the cannabis-friendly population either. His staunch drug warrior past and present have cemented that. Any candidate in the year 2019 still holding on to the tired, disproven theory that cannabis is a “gateway drug” and a dangerous & addictive substance is either completely out of touch with the American people, or their pockets are heavily lined with Pharma money.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You have the most racist president since Widrow Wilson. And that’s the word of Rick Wilson a Republican strategist.

4. Zenithal macrumors 604

He's not wrong, but the effect is more or less concentrated in deep red states where underlying racism still exists and is a problem. For the rest of the country, they need to accept black people exist and shouldn't rely on predetermined notions to immediately judge a person based on their skin color.

5. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Maybe, but that’s why we have Congress as the legislative body that makes laws. So if Jim Crow laws are coming back, guess what, his D friends are guilty too since they have a full legislative chamber to pass laws.
    It’s just a stupid hyperbolic comment by Biden.

6. Herdfan macrumors 6502

He also said something about making America "straight" again. He is just a gaffe machine. And while the media surely won't point it out, I would bet all the other candidates who have been campaigning their asses off only to have him show up and get 30% of the vote are pissed. So I suspect they won't pull any punches with his gaffes.

7. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

I migth be mistaken, but weren‘t those all state laws, just like those he is refering to now?

I also don‘t see how Ds controlling on chamber on the federal level are an issue in this.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Yes they were. It’s stupid hyperbole, especially because recent data seems to suggest the opposite.

9. MacLawyer macrumors demi-god

MacLawyer

I watched Joe on CNN today. I kind of like him but he sounds as though he’s had a stroke or something. :(

10. Herdfan macrumors 6502

The point was that if Jim Crow laws were to be passed by the federal government, that Dems would have to support it because they control the House.

11. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Rick Wilson is no Republican. He suffers from TDS, and I say that as someone who never voted for Trump.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

But that didn’t even happen in the early 20th century. I thought they were all at a state level.