Joe Scarborough can unilaterally ban guests from MSNBC? Really?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

On Countdown last night, DailyKos founder Markos Moulitsas claimed that he hasn't appeared on MSNBC for something like a year, because he's been banned there -- not by the network honchos, but by morning host Joe Scarborough.

Is this an exaggeration or distortion? Because if true, I wonder how Scarborough could've gained such veto power, that he can even keep Rachel Maddow, for example, from deciding fully who she wants on her own show.

2. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

I'm in a different branch of media (newspapers), but I would be pretty shocked if one host at a station had that kind of power. Ban him from his own show, sure? From ALL shows? Seems unlikely.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I don't buy it. The big blowhard has a new show and has surrounded himself with more blowhards like Michael Moore.

I give the show 6 months. The channel does not have a wide reach and Olbermann is no better than Limbaugh or Beck. The network also has no content as it is running the show 6 times a day. LOL.