John Boehner's take on Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, May 26, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

John Boehner has conducted an interview at the KPMG Global Energy Conference, and answered basically every question that was thrown at him. And people did ask about Trump. Boehner answered in detail, and he didn't really pull any punches; he stated what he thought were Trump's successes, and Trump's failures. Rigzone has an article up with some details of the interview. A quote from it:

Still, when asked what he thinks Trump’s done well in his first 100 days in office, Boehner said he’s done well with international affairs and foreign policy. In regard to national security, international leaders are thrilled to death that Trump is aggressive about fighting ISIS and getting more boots on the ground to do so, he said.

Boehner said Trump “did what he could” with healthcare, but never subscribed to the idea of ‘repeal, then replace.’ Instead he should have worked to ‘repair’ Obamacare.

“Everything else he’s done [in office] has been a complete disaster,” said Boehner. “He’s still learning how to be president.”​

http://www.rigzone.com/news/oil_gas...hner_Trump_Still_Learning_How_to_be_President

2. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

One of my favorite politician impersonations was a drunk Boehner calling into a show after he got kicked to the curb and after repeatedly being asked about how he now feels about political issues he said “Which part of “I don’t give a ****” don’t you understand? Is it the “I”? Maybe it’s the “don’t give”? Or perhaps it’s the “****”? :p