John Doe uses an iMac

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Just caught that new show John Doe last night, and the main character, who is apparently super intelligent and knows just about everything, uses an iMac. Just thought that was kinda neat.
;)

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2002
houston
well of course he uses macs. he knows everything, so surely he knows better than to use wondoze or any other micro$uck software.

Comment

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
another new show, The Twilight Zone I think, has macs all over the place... i thought that was kinda neat

If it's not Twilight Zone, then it's Fast lane

couldn't remember which one

Comment

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
All this is nice...but look at other shows. In Smallville Lex Luther uses a ti pb, the newspaper department Cloe uses the original iMac. In Girlfriends, iBooks and iMacs are used. In Dark Angel, that one guy uses a tibook.

My point is, most of the tv shows have macs...since macs are the computer of choice for graphics and the entertainment buisness...therefore macs are used more than they really are...up to a third of tv shows have macs in them.

But its cool that a mac is in John Doe. :)

*runs and ducks the incoming flames*

Comment

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
Louisville, KY
Watch HBO. Nearly every show produced by HBO uses Macs. On "Sex And The City" Carrie uses a PowerBook. On "The Mind Of The Married Man" Mickey uses a TiPBook. It's great publicity for Apple, and it really shows that the industry supports the platform.

Comment

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Originally posted by chibianh
another new show, The Twilight Zone I think, has macs all over the place... i thought that was kinda neat

If it's not Twilight Zone, then it's Fast lane

couldn't remember which one
Ok, I'm confused. Did they remake the twilight zone or are you on crack? If they remade it then cool, but I haven't heard anything like that.

P-Worm

Comment

beez7777

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2002
Notre Dame
Originally posted by P-Worm

Ok, I'm confused. Did they remake the twilight zone or are you on crack? If they remade it then cool, but I haven't heard anything like that.

P-Worm
yeah, i think they are doin a new run of twilight zone. i saw an advertisement for it while passing the apple sore in roosevelt field mall

Comment

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
My point is, most of the tv shows have macs...since macs are the computer of choice for graphics and the entertainment buisness...therefore macs are used more than they really are...up to a third of tv shows have macs in them.
Could it be that Apple promote themselves using product placement in popular TV shows ?

seems the most obvious conclusion from all those obviously zoomed in shots of willow in Buffy The Vampire Slayer using her iBook with the apple logo in full shot for 30 seconds, Logan in Dark Angel with his cube and 22" Cinema Display in full view every time he broadcasts (that I've seen).

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.