John Kelly "Willing to Resign".

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ChrisWB, Feb 10, 2018.

1. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

2. LovingTeddy macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

Seems all the top officials under Trumps administration won’t last long. This just show how mismanaged this administration is.

Fox News, the Republic a$$ kissing machine, already start discrediting him.

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Yeah yeah, let me know when Trump is finally willing to step down.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

I had/have respect for Kelly. But he should have left this job awhile ago.

They should be careful. Isn't that like when someone breaks up with someone - and then their friends bash the hell out of the ex, and then they get back together. Awkward...

5. LovingTeddy macrumors 68000

LovingTeddy

When you have a leader seems cannot hold their stuffs together and have your senior stuff member quit one by one, you know something is wrong with this administration.

What happen to his “I can find the best people”? Well, even if he can find the best people, I am not sure if the best people willing to work for him.

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I haven't had any respect for him for a while now. Any vestige of respect that might have been left was lost after his repulsive and hate-filled comments about DACA applicants.

7. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

My respect was lost when he didn't apologize for that story he concocted about Congresswoman Wilson. Despite the video evidence proving his falsehoods.

8. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Same. Although my respect started to go when he agreed to be Chief of Staff.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

White house denied he ever gave his resignation.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Are you making a factual statement - or do you believe what the WH says? ;)

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Or missed the entire thread title or OP, and went straight to defense. Either way, the latter and this seem to eclipse the former.

BL.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I don't believe Kelly gave an offer of resignation, he serves at the pleasure of the president anyways so if Trump really wanted him gone he'd just ask.

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

How about reading the OP and the thread title again. He stated that he is WILLING to resign, not gave a resignation. No-one here has claimed that he offered to resign or has resign.

BL.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

I might have missed the full story - but I didn't think a resignation was on the actual table. I thought it was a statement - an offer - that he would be willing to resign.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

How is this news? Everyone in his cabinet should be willing to resign at any moment, they serve at the pleasure of the president.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

So now we get to the backup plan for defending a side to the death when the main plan fails: discredit the validity of the article.

First you claim your defense to be that he hasn't resigned, when no-one stated or even insinuated that he had resigned, but instead said that he was willing to resign.

Secondly, you are then claiming that this shouldn't be news because everyone else should be willing to resign. In this case, you are not telling us something we don't already know.

The problem here isn't that people shouldn't be willing to resign, but the fact that they think that the work they are doing is so crappy that they should resign is the problem. Nothing is being done in this cabinet to better or make the Executive Branch work. That goes from the lowliest cabinet member all the way up to the POTUS. And the fact that the highest member of that Cabinet is willing to resign shows you just how dysfunctional your lot in the White House truly is.

BTW: it has not been forgotten on us that with the last 3 people to quit or be fired from the Executive Branch, that your lot is close to reaching or already has reached a turnover/attrition rate of 40%, and that is within the first 13 months of your man being in office. That is not only a horrible performance rate, but a huge fleecing of the American taxpayer, as that is wasted money with no ROI or return for the work they were supposed to have done.

Not only is that piss-poor work by the people, but that is piss-poor management by the Chief of Staff as well as the POTUS, who prides himself on "hiring the best people", and "being the best", etc. etc. yadda yadda. This is reflecting on him, and it is showing how horrible a job he is doing.

BL.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

People make mistakes, try not to dwell on it too long. Also I said that the WH stated that they didn't receive a resignation from Kelly, not that he hadn't resigned.

Saying you are willing to resign, getting asked for a resignation, and resigning are all distinct states.

18. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Chief of Staff Babysitting is such a hard job.

Even Kelly just can't get a handle on things.

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Let's throw this back at you. Show anywhere in this thread that anyone here has stated that Kelly has resigned, is resigning, or is getting asked to resign.

We already know what the answer is here, but since you are trying your damnedest to defend Trump and his administration here, let's see you come up with something truly to defend.

Again, show us where anyone here has asked where Kelly was asked to resign or has resigned, or is resigning. Again, the OP, let alone this entire thread is based on it being reported that Kelly has stated that he is WILLING to resign.

BL.

20. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

As if this White House is trustworthy.

21. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

The Trump WH is the authoritative expert on fake news. Nobody does it better. Makes me feel sad for the rest. Nobody does it half as good as him. Donald, baby you're the best.

22. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

Which means he did.

23. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think we all saw this coming.

Trump likes the status and authority rubbed off by populating his administration with Generals. But he is too weak and insecure to cope with having a strong, competent individual actually doing anything.

Kelly is not particularly well-suited to the role of WH Chief of Staff. He might have the organizational and command skills. But he learned those in the military. Not the fishbowl that is Washington. And so he is obviously going to put his foot in his mouth, as he's done numerous times previously. And Trump is going to use these mistakes to throw Kelly to the wolves.

Trump shouldn't feel too bad though. He's only in his first year in power. He's got plenty of time to find his Martin Bormann.

24. zin macrumors 6502

That is a lie. They are not already downplaying his role. Your article says what they think will happen, not what has already happened.

Already been debunked anyway. Kelly himself said he never offered to resign.

Sad people just believe whatever these sources say. Maybe that’s why they do it. Like a fish hooked on bait.

25. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

They are the best people in that they are the best to portray Trumps world paradigm.