John Legere, CEO of T-Mobile - Bending Iphone Response Priceless!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rockies, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Rockies macrumors 6502

His reaction to the bending Iphone is priceless! Here is the link....starts at 20:08. Warning some bad language....

http://youtu.be/8TPfpNgKlSE

2. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

im very shocked that a CEO of a company of that stature would be so vulgar on air.
    I see T-mobile in a negative light now honestly.

3. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Legere is known for his outspoken behavior and outre attitude. It goes hand in hand with the T-Mobile "uncarrier" campaign. He's deliberately being different from more constrained CEOs.

4. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Yeah, he's been in the news lately about his attitude/language.

5. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

I'm not a Tmobile fan but this guy is awesome lmao. I honestly wouldn't mind hanging out with this dude and just shootin the ****

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

Complete opposite here. He does just about everything he can to not be a traditional "suit" running a wireless company, and the results speak for themselves.

And it's not like this was a 60 Minutes interview.

7. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Honestly, Legere is about the only reason that T-Mobile is doing as well as it is. He pushed for the network upgrades. He pushed for the uncarrier initiatives. He's a smart guy and he realizes that being such a small company means he has to be nimble. There's a reason why the Sprint/T-Mo merger would have had Legere as the CEO of the combined company, not Dan Hesse from Sprint.

8. terraphantm macrumors 68040

That was great, even as someone who isn't quite ready to dismiss the bending issue yet (though more and more I'm thinking it's a bad batch). So refreshing to see a CEO who's human. You can tell the guy is quite smart too, just unconventional

9. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

After watching this video I wish I could switch to T-Mobile but the subsidies I get from AT&T are just too good.

10. terraphantm macrumors 68040

As he discusses in the full interview, the subsidies are just smoke and mirrors. You're paying the full price (and in many cases more) one way or another. He's trying to cut through the BS and get to the bottom line. Unfortunately, American consumers like seeing that low number even if it means paying more.

I would switch to T-mobile in a heart beat if they had decent coverage here. According to their map, they've only got 2G where I live (though LTE starts a few miles north).

11. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

I didn't find him 'vulgar' in this interview. Yes, some profanity here and there, but this wasn't like some formal tie-dyed interview.

I think it's great that he speaks his mind.

12. tennisproha macrumors 65816

wow I actually ended up watching the whole thing. it's a great watch IMO. he's profane sure but that's just the way he talks. we've all met plenty like that. I'm a big fan honestly. the only reason we haven't switched is b/c I have a family plan and it's not lining up at the moment. and also we need yet a little more coverage and I'll jump ship.

but about John, I'm a big fan. I think he's doing huge things for the industry. how many CEOs will call an individual customer whose complained about their service on social media? I can count how many on one finger. interesting bit in the end about 5 years down the road. I wonder how insightful he is about that. it's not too far off.

----------

well said. why didn't that merger go through? it would've put them right up there with the big 2. idk if it would've expanded coverage which would the a main purpose I think.

----------

same here. LTE literally a block down. but it drops to Edge really fast. just barely but I'll jump as soon as coverage comes. I did a test drive and service was fricken awesome. I'm tired of the data lags on att.

----------

I thought the profanity was pretty subtle. pretty conversational I'd say.

13. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Depends. If you don't take advantage of the subsidy the moment it gets renewed then you are paying extra.

I should mention I have a corporate discount too which works on both my main voice plan and each data plan so together with the subsidies I am paying substantially less than even with T-Mobile.

14. Zxxv macrumors 68040

15. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

Yeah, T-Mobile's gotten stingy with the discounts.

As for why the merger didn't go through, that was because the FCC blocked it. I think it's a good thing. Having these guys that are forced to compete with the behemoths make them do things they might not necessarily do to stay in the game, which in turn forces the big two to respond. The more competition, the more the consumer wins.

16. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Except he's been like that for years, he's doesn't consider himself a normal suit & tie CEO, he puts himself on the same level as his customers. Honestly I think it's pretty cool, and funny. Plenty of quotable things from this guy. He really lets the other phone companies have it sometimes lol.

17. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

I find it strange that responses here concentrated on his profanity, plans etc. and not on the topic, the bendgate. He defended iPhone 6. So with all this "i give no **** about anything and can speak anything i want" attitude, he's still twisting the facts in fear of losing partnership with apple. He's not a man without fear as he tries to portray himself. He's just another scared mofo who's afraid to lose his job. It's all about running the show...

It would be much more brave of him to admit that a large phone made of soft alu-minimum can be damaged easier than previous models and that customers need to be more careful, instead of calling customers who use pockets idiots.

18. CEmajr macrumors 601

He didn't twist anything. He called out "bend gate" for the sham that it is as well as the idiots who sit on $1000 devices like they're a cushion or something and the Youtube video makers feeding the frenzy for ad revenue. He told it straight up the way it is.

19. Quirinus macrumors member

The language wasn't so bad..
    But thanks for sharing, this guy is awesome.

20. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

21. saberz macrumors regular

He's a very good CEO, on the money, no bs. I find a person who swears doesn't hide a persona and is being honest. That honesty and ability for others to relate to him is going to be a significant driving force in the future.

I myself don't use T-Mobile yet, as its not quite ready where I am.

22. NZfly macrumors member

that was great :p if we had t-mobile in nz i'd switch to them

23. Merkie macrumors 68020

Lol. I wouldn't call T-Mobile "small" actually. You're making it sound like they're a <50 employee start-up.

24. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Honestly That's ridiculousWay to evaluate company. I could care less about the CEO of any company as long as the Company in question Products and services are quality.

25. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

He is playing a role to capture young audiences' attention.
    Good things he said and had done. Don't be fooled by the surface.
    I wonder why the previous company he was part of went bankrupt?