John McCain on SNL

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Nov 2, 2008.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Link with video

He appeared in a skit with Tina Fey as Palin and on Weekend Update. Funny stuff, he was a good sport.

Ben Afleck also did a very funny Keith Olbermann spoof but I can't find the video anywhere.

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Heh. That's pretty funny. Here's the link to the Olbermann skit. It wasn't bad, but like most Olbermann speeches, I got bored about halfway through and moved on...

3. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

agree. it wasnt the funniest . it just kept goooooing.

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

BTW, I could almost vote for a McCain/Fey ticket. At least it'd be entertaining!

5. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You mean like Olbermann? I watch him quite often but he has crossed the line into blow hard territory.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I was laughing histerically, granted I was high at the time lol

What scares me is hes very good at acting like a good sport. It was funny, but it doesnt change how I see him and hopefully it doesnt change how anyone else sees him either.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

That was hilarious.

Kudos to John for making some fun of himself.

8. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

haha. yeah. no offense it just seemed like bad improvisation.

and im not to fond of ben.

9. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Olbermann definitely overdramatizes a lot, though it's always controlled. I've never seen him flip over to uncontrolled someone-get-the-strait-jacket type rage like O'Reilly.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Oh man, my wife, daughter, and I were just dying over the Olbermann skit. That was just freaking hilarious!:D The McCain/Fey skit was also pretty funny.

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

12. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

McCain looks so much more comfortable and at ease when he's on SNL, than during his rallies, interviews and debates. I think he hates his own stump speeches and talking points, and that he can't wait for this election to be over with so he can get rid of Palin and his neo/theo-con puppetmasters, and return to life in relative dignity.

13. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

Obama should make him Secretary of Defense.

14. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I agree. I really like him when he can be himself and not be run by the puppet masters. He was funny for the first time in a long time and a little humor can be good. I hope after this election if he looses and goes back to the Senate that he will regain his old values. The ones that he had when he ran in 2000.

15. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yep. And maybe he should join Lieberman and become an independent. The GOP clearly has no room for high-profile, moderate representatives.

In the primaries, McCain fought against a whole host of right-wing candidates and won. They should have taken the hint right there, that the country was swinging left and that the time had come for a more modern, center-right candidate. But no, the theo-con dinosaurs were hungry for the usual pro-life, pro-gun, pro-war, pro-fear, hatemongering candidate and refused to embrace McCain unless he crawled for them. So he sold his soul to the devil and lost all the independents and moderates in the process.

These people, whom Obama referred to as the "incompetent subset" that has "kidnapped" the GOP, will have to be cast out in order for the party to have a fighting chance in the 21st century. They should use Joe the Plumber to unclog the pipes and flush out the Palins, the Roves, the Bushes and the Bachmanns and allow the likes of McCain to build a new platform based on more pragmatism and less ideology.

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

JT Plumber is in the middle of the clog with all of them. It's time for some Draino.

17. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

:D

Ideologically, yes. JTP is one of them. What I meant is that they should use him as an actual plumber for once, not some creepy mascot.

18. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Really freaky stuff. I wonder what John McCain thought the first time he met Tina Fey? :)