John McCain's Get Out of Gaffe Free Card

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cleverboy, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/8/21/16410/0565/504/572077
    I thought this was a very good slice of satire. I was just saying that the other day. I'd listened to Hannity go crazy shouting about the whole Edwards affair ordeal when someone compared it with McCain. It always seems to come back to spending 5 1/2 years being tortured. Captured on October 26, 1967 - released March 14, 1973.

~ CB

2. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Acccording to this McCain only spent 2 years being tortured and one of his fellow POWs (captured before McCain I might add) won't be voting for him.

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Read that earlier, but some of the comments were disturbing. As was pointed out in another thread, it's perfectly fine to criticize a Dem like Kerry, or even Wes Clark, ironically because he dared to point out the obvious of McCain. To criticize a Repub who was in the military is to attack the military itself. Even if you were in the military (as Clark was). Even if the person they're attacking wasn't in the military (like Cheney) or their records actually are spotty (like with Bush). Support the troops is a nice mantra, but looking at things like Walter Reed or the lack of equipment the troops have or those soldiers who were electrocuted because of faulty contracting, that's all it is, nice words.

On the plus side, the MSM (and the rest of the country) is starting to pick it up the way they did with 9uillani:

Pundits And Writers Start Hitting McCain For Non-Stop P.O.W. References
    McCain Camp Plays POW Card On House Gaffe
    McCain Camp’s Overplaying of POW Card Called to Account From All Corners
    Too Much of a Bad Thing
    Hogan's Heroes

And thankfully with the person who coined the phrase 9ui11ani now Obama's VP, they'll jump on it too instead of worrying if it'll hurt them as the GOP attack them over it anyway.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Still happening, and the Dems are finally pointing it out since they're going to get hit with it anyway:

Carter: McCain 'milking' POW time
    New Ad To Run In Minneapolis Is All About McCain's POW Past
    SOS! It’s McCain’s POW Card Waterloo
    Tonight Show: McCain plays POW card again

And I'm wondering why the press hit Obama over someone he barely knew who may or may not have done something when he was 8, among other things, but McCain's ties are completely ignored:

John McCain must explain his ties to felon Jim Hensley