John123 is BACK!

john123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 20, 2001
John123 is back and ready for a beat-down on old-school boys like Kela, Spikey, Jethatfield, and all ya'll.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: John123 is BACK!

Originally posted by john123
John123 is back and ready for a beat-down on old-school boys like Kela, Spikey, Jethatfield, and all ya'll.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!
welcome back;)

spikey got kicked off, again

and kela is a girl and doesn't come here often

i used to be big man on the block but that belongs to eyelikeart, with over, gasp, 2000 posts

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
welcome back john123! Long time since you've been around. Did the boards get a bit boring for you again?

'fraid the only remainder of the old guard who's posts you loved to disect is jef. Have fun getting to know the new breed :)

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
welcome back

cool to see some of the older people comeing back.
It seems that after MWNY 02 all the older members disapeered.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
wlecome back

... John is always good for a fight.

I have not been arround that much here lately.. I might not get into any with you ... at least untill things slow down at work.... and finnals are over.

-evildead

john123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 20, 2001
The truth...

is that this got boring. Arguing over nothing is a nice way to spend some lazy summer afternoons, and spikey and kela were quite amusing...but that can only go so far.

I also got pretty frustrated at so many of the rumors being...well...deal wrong. I began to adopt a "wait and see what comes and don't think too hard about what might come" approach, and I think I'm happier (and certainly much more sane) for it.

It's nice to see that the boards are still alive and well, though.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: The truth...

Originally posted by john123
is that this got boring. Arguing over nothing is a nice way to spend some lazy summer afternoons, and spikey and kela were quite amusing...but that can only go so far.

I also got pretty frustrated at so many of the rumors being...well...deal wrong. I began to adopt a "wait and see what comes and don't think too hard about what might come" approach, and I think I'm happier (and certainly much more sane) for it.

It's nice to see that the boards are still alive and well, though.
since you have left, this website has become much more than a rumors board...general discussions is our "nothing related to mac rumors" discussion board and it is a lot of fun

we need your ivy league input...but since you have been gone, a dude from a baby ivy, ftaok from drexel univ. in penn, has come onto these boards

so you must enlighten us regular minds;) :D

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
oh my

thanks for the link to the old thread. i first saw spikey while still a lurkster in december of 2001----but never did i see a thread like that.

it was like jefhatfield innocently stumbled into some bizarre self-serving performance art ( and somehow escaped, intact ).

:)

john123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 20, 2001
Oh please...

Ivy league? Haha! I wish.

I imagine I said something like that to upset our friends Spikey and Kela!

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Oh, someone who likes to argue... welcome back.

I'm salivating. I look forward to some good intellectual discourse.

(I just like to argue, that's what I do for a living)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
There hasn't been a good arguement in a while, has there. I was sort of hoping to see more from the Cleo - mymemory post-off, but that never really materialized, mymemory never came back to back up his side of the fight.

Hopefully that will change soon.