Jon Stewart assails Apple for becoming "Big Brother"

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Apple is just about the only US company today that is making money because of their excellent products. It proves this country still honors excellence and that we might return to being a meritocracy one day.

Gizmondo has potentially raped Apple out of oh -- half a billion bucks with their unconscious industrial espionage. I have a vague memory of three years ago that this is what the initiial iPhone earned for Apple... it could be more.

If there is any criminal or malicious intent involved with this prototype, Jobs has every right and responsibility to protect his shareholders by pursuing this to the full extent of the law.

Just think about all the Chinese, Korean, and other knock off companies that now have the jump on the new iPhone. Just think about the loss of the wow factor at release.

I was wowed by the crappy photos in the Gizmondo article... it really is a beautiful piece of work/improvement.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Apple is just about the only US company today that is making money because of their excellent products. It proves this country still honors excellence and that we might return to being a meritocracy one day.

Gizmondo has potentially raped Apple out of oh -- half a billion bucks with their unconscious industrial espionage. I have a vague memory of three years ago that this is what the initiial iPhone earned for Apple... it could be more.

If there is any criminal or malicious intent involved with this prototype, Jobs has every right and responsibility to protect his shareholders by pursuing this to the full extent of the law.

Just think about all the Chinese, Korean, and other knock off companies that now have the jump on the new iPhone. Just think about the loss of the wow factor at release.

I was wowed by the crappy photos in the Gizmondo article... it really is a beautiful piece of work/improvement.
agreed I'm glad im not the only one who things that apple has the right to do what ever they need to do Gizmodo has proven time and time again that there Immature punks and need to be stoped from this kinda childness behavior. Considering its not there first time acting this stupid.

noushy

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
Detroit, MI
Lawsuits

Unfortunately, lawsuits are not the answer to every problem in this country, they are the problem to many answers. However, Apple does have some rights, but what are you going to get out of 3 or 4 basically broke college kids. Gizmodo, or their parent company, Gawker Media is worth probably what Apple spends on their ad budget in one day. In other words, the well is rather shallow, and other than publicly making Gizmodo and the college boys look bad (and probably blowing up in Apple's face), there really is not much to this. Let the law handle the criminal side of things, and leave the civil part alone.

Noushy

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC

Sooo, you propose that Apple will not sell a single new phone because the knock-offs will steal all of their business? Really? You truly believe that?

Oh...wait, they're getting my buiness, so you'd better make that a loss of only $499,999,700.

My guess is Apple won't loose a single $1 over this. Everyone in my office is now buzzing about the new phone and if they will be able to get one or not. Not a single one will ever buy a knock-off. People that can afford an iPhone don't buy knock-offs. In fact, even people that can almost afford and iPhone but just can't pull off the entire amount will buy some Samsung or LG feature phone...they won't buy an iPhone knock-off.

GamecockMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2005
Columbia, SC
Stewart came off like an ignorant blowhard trying to sound clever on this particular subject (should've done his homework a little better, or had his researchers do it for him), and he got schooled by Kevin Pereira on Attack of the Show today.

OGDaniel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
Arizona
Stewart came off like an ignorant blowhard trying to sound clever on this particular subject (should've done his homework a little better, or had his researchers do it for him), and he got schooled by Kevin Pereira on Attack of the Show today.
If you didn't already known that you should've looked up the word "COMEDIAN" in a dictionary...

2contagious

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2008
UK
I can't find a non-US version of this video anywhere.. does anyone have a link to the video hosted on a site that's not limited to the US?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Oh, he's just the host of a show that's won 13 Emmy awards, a couple Peabody awards... host of the Grammys and Academy awards twice each... one of the most recognizable entertainers on the entire planet. No one really.
Maybe he's not an American ;).

padrino121

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2004
agreed I'm glad im not the only one who things that apple has the right to do what ever they need to do Gizmodo has proven time and time again that there Immature punks and need to be stoped from this kinda childness behavior. Considering its not there first time acting this stupid.

You are writing this on MacRumors, a site that Apple is specifically targeting for shut down because it robs them of the wow factor and marketing that you are agreeing to, aren't you a hypocrite or am I off base?

andrew086

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2009
Did anyone else notice that he has a skin on his macbook (maybe a zagg or bodyguardz?)

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Hardly schooled. Rather amateurish, if you ask me. Apple has every right to pursue this to the full extent of the law. Especially since Gizmodo KNEW what they were doing.