Jonathan Ive hilarious quote- "no right way or wrong way of holding it"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Jul 5, 2010.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Here is Jonathan Ive from apple talking about apple design philosophy (go to 1:00 in the video if you want a real laugh!). Granted it is a promo video for iPad, but it still is funny given the issues with iPhone 4 and the "don't hold it that way" emails from steve jobs.

Transcript:
    "There is no right or wrong way of holding it. I don't have to change myself to fit the product.....(musical emphasis).....it fits me!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l6gXMi_ht8&feature=youtube_
    Jump to 1:02

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

There are probably 3 or 4 other threads with the exact same topic/thread title, actually, and references to the same video at the same point too. ;)

Might consider doing a search before creating new threads if you have any reason to think "Hey, maybe somebody already posted about this, lemme check first..."

3. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Good point, but since when do duplicate threads stop here? I think there may be at least 2 threads (maybe even 3) on the iphone signal issues. :)

4. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

You have already pointed out that this quote is in regards to the iPad.

5. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Still funny.

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I wonder if we can dig up a quote from Steve Jobs saying there's no right or wrong way to hold a banana. :rolleyes:

7. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Well, I'll give you that.:D

8. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

The part I find funny is not the quote stating "there is no right or wrong way to hold it".... obviously that is about the iPad.

What I find funny is the more universal, generic statement, "I don't have to change myself to fit the product.....(musical emphasis).....it fits me!" -- implying that good products shouldn't require the user to do something awkward or different to make it work. While Ive was doing a promo for iPad, his point was more universal and unfortunately, it sits contrary to what came out of Steve's keyboard recently.

Not here to argue whether or not there is an antenna problem, just making an observation.

9. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

I completely agree.