Joni Ernst: My Gun Will Defend Me If Government Decides 'My Rights Are No Longer Impo

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Oct 23, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I love how this ammosexual s gonna fight the government with her big bad gun. But does that mean since she is the government she is going to shoot herself?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/22/joni-ernst-guns_n_6032164.html
    WASHINGTON -- Joni Ernst, the Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in Iowa, said during an NRA event in 2012 that she would use a gun to defend herself from the government.

“I have a beautiful little Smith & Wesson, 9 millimeter, and it goes with me virtually everywhere,” Ernst said at the NRA and Iowa Firearms Coalition Second Amendment Rally in Searsboro, Iowa. “But I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it’s from an intruder, or whether it’s from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important.”

Ernst made the remark a little more than a month after gunman James Holmes allegedly killed 12 people and injured 58 in a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado. Ernst’s campaign did not respond to The Huffington Post's request for comment about the remark on Wednesday evening.

Earlier this year, Ernst released an ad in which she points a gun at the camera and vows to “unload” on Obamacare.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sarah Palin wannabe with a chance at winning.

3. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

umm, the GOVT already decided SOME of her rights are not important. like the 4th.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Once upon a time American citizens were protected from extrajudicial assassination by their own government. However, that is no longer true.

5. jkcerda, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

agreed, warmonger in chief passed the NDAA. for your safety of course.

prolonged detention, no due process, for your safety.

6. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

If she wins and becomes the government, can we use firearms to protect ourselves from her?

7. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

that would depend on what she actually does that threatens you and if you are a law abiding citizen that can own firearms. you should buy a few just in case :D:p

8. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Just seems funny that she may soon be "the enemy" that we law abiding citizens have to defend ourselves from if, as she says, should she decide our rights are no longer important. Which rights? The ones we deem important. It might be the right to a legal abortion. It might be the right to marry who we choose.

9. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Republicans always tell us how much they hate government, then spend tens of millions of dollars to stay in government.

10. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

11. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I do have to say its amazing how the GOP and Conservatives have managed to conjure up a completely fake "Obama is taking our guns" idea and the uneducated* fall for it.

*I'm not using this as an insult, people who fall for this have simply not educated themselves on anything regarding this matter.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Obama couldn't get a bill passed to wipe his ass twice on Sunday, if he could get a bill through to restrict guns he would in a second.

13. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

You're talking about two different things. Restricting the use of certain guns and "taking all the guns" are only related in the fact that they both are about guns.

14. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

You're speculating and 100% wrong. Have you ever even researched WHY bills get cancelled? It'll open your eyes and you'll see that its republicans playing a ******** game, constantly voting against things they previously voted for. You can see who votes for what on the internet (not on news sites).

You can't put Obama in full blame when Congress is the one not passing the bills.

15. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

16. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

haha yeah i like that

17. FreemanW macrumors 6502

Oh the irony and satire