Josh Duggar & the Ashley Madison Hack

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Aug 19, 2015.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

More Duggar family values.

http://gawker.com/family-values-activist-josh-duggar-had-a-paid-ashley-ma-1725132091

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I love it. Can't wait til the classy broads he was boning dish to TMZ about their affair. What a douche.

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I doubt he managed but you never know. but people are already calling for forgiveness for him.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

does a dog forgive a master that hit him? thats her job to forgive him it is her fault after all.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well, some people don't understand that they should submit to their husbands as the husbands see fit. there is a lot of pressure on that mans shoulders & he was only seeking the relief needed in order to save his wife the embarrassment of what he needed.

[/s

7. dec. Suspended

dec.

Well at least he was looking "externally", for a change :) .

8. ProVideo macrumors 6502

This is much more funny and enjoyable than the revelation that he molested his sisters.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, this isn't as bad. At least any affair he had on Ashley Madison was between consenting adults. Hopefully.

Still utterly hilarious though.

10. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

On one hand, while I feel all the more awful for his wife, I guess this couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

On another, there's a lot of records that were dumped. Are we going to have to endure this shaming for every public figure as those who don't like them publicize the figure appearing in the data dump?

11. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

No just the hypocrites and their supporters.

12. jkcerda, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I feel for the kids .it has to be harder on them than anyone else

13. dec. Suspended

dec.

I agree. People only see the silbing molester and adulterer in him. I'm sure he's fun to have a beer with (serious question, since I don't know the show: does his cult allow alcohol consumption?)

I'm not sure. My guess is that the public will pay attention to those who try to sell certain "values" in public (and make $$$ by doing so) while they act different in private. It's similar to hilarious people like "Reverend" Matthew Makela, who was caught sexting and exchanging pics on grindr. While nobody cares about me doing it (except for those involved, I hope :) ), it is kind of a different thing when you have a pig like him speak out against LBGT but secretly enjoy the benefits of grindr....

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

This is going to be big and beyond the person getting comeuppance in this thread.

As reported by Warner Todd Huston:

We reported back on July 20 that the sex cheater website AshlyMadison.com had a data theft and tens of thousands of its cheater members had their personal information stolen. Now that info has been released on the Dark Web and among the info was 15,000 government email addresses apparently used to sign up for membership.

Thousands of clients using the affair-oriented Ashley Madison website listed email addresses registered to the White House, top federal agencies and military branches, a data dump by hackers revealed.

The detailed data, released Tuesday, will likely put Washington, D.C., on edge. The nation’s capital reportedly has the highest rate of membership for the site of any city.
    Indeed, more than 15,000 of the email addresses used to register accounts were hosted on government and military servers

Buried in the list are emails that could be tied to multiple administration agencies, including the State Department and Department of Homeland Security, as well as several tied to both the House and Senate.

15. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

And, finally, the conclusion to the Transcript of Josh Duggar's OKC Answers.

there are some lies here no college hell no school but the dining room table kind.
    • Can you run a mile without stopping? "Yes- and more"
    • I prefer to sleep… "Embracing/cuddling my partner"
    • Group sex (with 3 or more people): "I have little or no interest"
    • Do you keep your sexual exploits private? "Yes, always"
    • How often do you use Facebook? "I'm a somewhat active user"
    • How would you describe your body? "Average"
    • If you were to die, would whoever goes through your personal belongings be shocked by what they find? "No"
    • What's the highest level of education you've completed? "College"
    • How much does physical attractiveness matter to you in a match? "A lot"
    • Could you date someone who already has children from a previous relationship? "Yes"
    • In the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?,” what does “wherefore” mean? "Where" [I've been trying to type these without comment, but this is straight up wrong--it means "why"]
    • Do you think drug use with your partner can be a romantic activity? "No"
    • Should evolution and creationism be taught side-by-side in school? "Yes, students should hear both sides"
    • How often do you keep your promises? "Always"
    • How much do you spend per year for shoes? "$101-$500"
    • Your significant other's ex is coming into town and he/she wants to go out to dinner with them alone. How do you react? "Not thrilled, but go ahead."
    • Can anything be made the subject of a joke? "Yes, anything can be funny in the right light."
    • You're dating someone new. You discover that they have a housemate the same sex as you. This: "doesn't faze you one bit"
    • STALE is to STEAL as 89475 is to... "89547"
    • Do you like to go clubbing? "No, I do not like to go clubbing"
    • On average, which best describes how often you GET WICKED DRUNK? "Seldom or never"
    • If someone sends you an e-mail (or has a profile) full of spelling and grammatical errors, are you less likely to talk to them? "Yes"
    • How often are you open with your feelings? "Usually"
    • You're up against a nearly impossible challenge. Your ideal partner… "pushes you hard to succeed"
    • Are you smarter than most people? "Yes"
    • Do you have a really good relationship with both your parents? "Yes"
    • Have you ever tried any sexual roleplaying, such as student/teacher or patient/nurse? "No, but it sounds interesting"
    • Do you have any tattoos? "I have no tattoos"
    • Do you want your partner to be kinkier than you? "Yes"
    • Is a man who's slept with 100 women a bad person? "No"
    • Is a woman who's slept with 100 men a bad person? "No"
    • A college-level education is... "Nice, but not mandatory"
    • Would you date someone who still lives with his/her parents? "Yes"
    • Is it okay to answer your cell phone while out with a friend or on a date? "Friend, yes. Date, no."
    • How do you feel about baseball? "I can take it or leave it"
    • Is marriage a necessity for two people who love each other? "No"
    • Would you prefer to be a financial success or to remain true to your principles? "I'll stick with my principles, thanks."
    • Does the idea of flipping a coin to make important life decisions appeal to you? "No"
    • Would you date someone who kept a gun in the house? "Yes"
    • When men show extra courtesy toward women (opening doors, pulling out chairs, etc.), this is: "Admirable
    • and desirable. Chivalry's not dead."
    • How important to you is a potential match's sense of humor? "very important"
    • Would it bother you if someone you are dating has a lot of close friends of the opposite sex? "No"
    • Could you have respect for someone after having sex with them on the first meeting/date? "Yes"
    • If you were going to have a child, would you want the other parent to be of the same ethnicity as you? "This would not be an important factor to me"
    • Do you like reading tabloids? "No"
    • Do you know how to drive a stick shift (manual transmission)? "Yes"
    • Receiving anal sex? "I don't like it / I don't think I would like it"
    • Do you only date people with athletic and toned bodies? "No"
    • Do you believe a couple should live together before considering marriage? "Yes"
    • Are you Jewish? "No"
    • Have you had a girlfriend before? "Yes"
    • Is it okay to live with someone you're dating, even before you're engaged or married? "Yes"
    • Would you date someone shorter than you? "Yes"

16. dec. Suspended

dec.

I love it. I don't expect any specific "religious" or political affiliation to be overly/underly present, statistically, since sexuality is something that the majority of humans enjoy independent from "religion" and politics, but it could help to discuss topics like sexuality on a more honest basis than having some "Josh Duggar" - who tries to promote his own pathetic cult guidelines while not being able live by them himself - try to sell some crap on TV. The rest of the civilized world has been laughing at the US for censoring boobs and nudity while showing violence for a long time now. Maybe an open discussion can make them catch up and also be more authentic and sincere.

Very unspectacular and expectedly boring. His honesty is kind of cute ("Do you keep your sexual exploits private? 'Yes, always') but had he been REALLY honest, he could have added some kink to it....

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That's possible, but I wonder if any of them were trolling government officials and employees. In their position I wouldn't sign up with my work email address. I would just use the email equivalent of a burner phone and proxy if it was anything potentially embarrassing. Doing so from a .gov email multiplies their risks. They have to worry about both their jobs and their spouses in that situation. They could have used burner phones, prepaid visa gift cards purchased with cash, and alternate email addresses. If they're going to meet up with someone from such a site, they should probably disable any gps or location based services as well.

For what it's worth, I've never done any of this. I just have a very silly imagination.

18. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

19 smiles and counting.

19. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

And the Dugger family continues to illustrate their "Christian family values" at work. Do as my mythical invisible fairytale master in the sky says, but not as I do?

20. You are the One, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015

You are the One macrumors 6502a

You are the One

Ashley Madison hack is not only real, it’s worse than we thought

The Ashley Madison files – are people really this stupid?

21. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I'm pretty sure that one's not true.

22. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I don't know who Duggar is, and frankly I do not care. However, talking about anybody's personal details released through a criminal act is not something we shoudl do, even if the target is loathsome.

And if I sound self-righteous, my father was demented before he died. The most godawful aspect of it was that he became disinhibited, so his sins were out there for the world to see, just like the people who have had their privacy violated online. before you post something like this, ask yourself if you would be comfortable with strangers discussing your sexuality.

23. iBlazed, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015

iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Lol, why is "Are you Jewish?" its own specific question as opposed to "What's your religion?"

You do.

I would hate it, and for that reason I avoid going out of my way to lobby to strip people of civil rights because of their sexuality. He deserves every last bit of this public shaming that he's getting.

24. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

So anybody that you see as a hypocrite or see as their supporter.

What makes AM so potent is that anybody who was on there is a hypocrite - I don't think liberals or conservatives have a monopoly on proclaiming monogamy to be the right thing (at least, I haven't seen either party take up the polygamous standard). I suppose there may be people using AM as a singles meetup site or for open marriage purposes, but they clearly are not the target market.