Judge orders Trump accounting firm to hand over records to Congress

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, May 20, 2019.

1. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

The President's diaper changing detail is really going to be earning its pay today.

2. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

3. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Democrats still throwing that spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks. It would be better spending time finding a suitable candidate for 2020.

4. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

That's just the thing, for those that have no intention of voting for any such candidate, finding a suitable one in 2020 is a moot point. Going after a possible corrupt & criminal president on the other hand can energize a base to vote for whoever the candidate is.

So let the spaghetti tossing continue... besides who knows what we might find in all that pasta.

5. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

That could backfire, Barr is looking at who's throwing the spaghetti.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you are forgetting the independents, but I do agree that maybe something comes out of it.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Pretty sure people on all sides have wanted his tax returns released. This isn't something new.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Barr has already shown he's corrupt

9. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

No one will be surprised. When you're recognized as the president's personal advocate, it's just the sad state of current affairs. Barr's been revealed to be yet another partisan hack, who's going to tarnish his name & career long after. He's also another great energizer for a base that sees this administration as corrupt and profiteering off of the government itself while gutting anything in government that helps people.
    --- Post Merged, May 20, 2019 ---
    No, I haven't forgotten independents. 45's ratings amongst independents have softened as well, and as long he makes the effort to avoid anyone looking into the very thing he claims he's innocent of, it won't strengthen their support.

10. raqball macrumors 68000

They are already knee deep in discrediting him because they are terrified he is going to find wrong doing and crimes on their side... Discrediting and smearing him ahead of time might cast doubt with some (their base) on his findings....

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

No. People don't like Barr because he's corrupt and lied to Congress. No one is afraid of Barr.

12. raqball macrumors 68000

Coulda fooled me......

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I guess you've been fooled then.

14. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Afraid not so much, disappointed... yes.

15. raqball macrumors 68000

Sure me and those on the left that believe he is a Trump lackey.... Just because CNN and MSNBC regurgitate lies, smears and false information over and over does not make them true.... Please see Russia, Russia, Russia and Treasonous, treasonous, treasonous as examples...

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Oh sweet irony.

17. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Silly goose, you misspelled "Trump and his admin" wrong.

18. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

You left Faux News off your list.

You forgot some on the right are saying the same thing.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...esident_rather_than_the_attorney_general.html

Napolitano hasn't been much nicer, if just avoiding saying those specific words, while questioning Barr's actions.

19. raqball macrumors 68000

All presidents and their admin lie... Nothing new.. Previous admin AG have also been found in contempt... Blah, blah.... Let Barr do his job.. What he finds he finds..

20. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

We could have a talk on Presidents wingmen, but that would be futile in my opinion.

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

I'm sorry, did you want to make this about Barr? Instead of the actual topic of a judge ordering a 45 accounting firm to release records it should have to congress? Because it's not about Barr, or Russia, or pasta, or whatever other deflection. It's about congress getting records it's asked for legally that a supposedly innocent 45 is fighting so desperately to prevent.
    --- Post Merged, May 20, 2019 ---
    We could, but ALSO not the subject. Another deflection noted though.

22. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

To me it's less about releasing records and more on trying to find something, anything on Trump. Which is just playing politics.

23. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Yes. Having a pathological liar in the White House is new and hopefully will never happen again.

24. raqball macrumors 68000

I'm sorry, please do try and follow the thread... I didn't bring Barr up and was simply following the flow of the thread....

Next...................