Judge sentences Tom DeLay to 3 years in prison

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jan 10, 2011.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Link

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Hopefully it's a federal PMITA prison and not a white collar minimum security resort. Don't drop the soap!

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Link

*Sigh.* Introspection is really beyond his grasp, isn't it?

Three years is too good for him.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

A lot of people don't "intend" to break the law, but yet they do and have to suffer the consequences. I can't believe he's still being this smug. Even after being convicted, he won't admit he was wrong. A true "conservative" if there ever was one. :rolleyes:

5. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

I agree with everything you say except the "true conservative" part. How does political beliefs affect personal/ethical/moral responsibility?

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's been a pattern with right wing politicians and pundits to never admit fault or wrongdoing, ever- even when the facts are staring them in the face.

7. 184550 Guest

Pattern≠True ;)

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's why I said "conservative" in quotes. ;)

9. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Yes, there have been a few conservative politicians which have been crooked as an S curve, but really, how many politicians don't have at least some underlying motive that most people don't consider. There aren't many 'poor' politicians and no politicians have really pushed to cut back the retirement and medical benefits that they receive.

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I know you hate the right but this is not a pattern of just right wingers. This is sadly the pattern in all of congress. Just very few get caught.
    They are already controlled with bribs known as "campaign financing" If you dig I bet you will find a lot of things like this and are questionable at best. The longer they have been in offices the worse it is.

So do not have it just be right wing. It is all of congress.

11. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Legal analysts here in Houston are reporting that DeLay will most likely never see the inside of a prison due to political ties. Probation most likely and an ankle bracelet at worst. I'll look for a link to the video but it was just on the 11:30 CST news here, ABC 13.

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

that is truly sad.
    I think punishments like what Delay did should be by far stiffer than what it would be for the normal public since he was in office. If anything people in congress should be held to a much higher standard.

Delay punishment should be strip him of everything he owns and he can rot in jail for a long time.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Too bad he can't be convicted for this:

From a different article:

The man is scum.

14. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Bill Gates' father law firm was also involved. There was quite the uproar in Seattle at the time although nothing came of it.

Wikipedia

15. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

maybe they'll let him out on furlough to be Bristol's partner on an "All Star" version of "Dancing With The Stars" ??