Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Abyssgh0st, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

DISCLAIMER: If you are bothered by abusive or violent content, do not watch this video.

Video.

I don't know about you all, but I think regardless of your political views, religious views, morals; whatever, what I saw in that video is not right under any circumstance. That is a video of a man (and woman) with severe mental illness that is literally ruining lives.

Here's the video description:

This bumbling fool shouldn't be allowed to be a judge, especially since on his history of child abuse cases he has always said that an allegedly abused child's testimony is worthless without video evidence.

Guess he has now met a case that meets his specifications of legitimate abuse.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wow, that was hard to watch. They belong in jail.

3. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Uhh, how is he not in jail? He was clearly getting a sick pleasure out of beating her. This dude needs a good old fashioned lynching. I don't get how this redneck even became a lawyer.

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

From the Thread title:

From TFA:

[quote="New York Daily News]
    Adams is a family law judge, who presides over child abuse cases, The AP reported.
    [/quote]

Anyone else find the (albeit sick) irony?

In all seriousness, any cases he's resided over before, during, and after that time could come under scrutiny, as it would be obvious that his actions, plus backed by testimony by his wife and daughter would undermine his judgment in a court of law.

This does not bode well for any of the abuse cases in that county..

BL.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

For a long, long time.

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Here are some of the great things he rules on. #8 is going to be his downfall.
    Judge William Adams, A jurist ahead of his time
    Sometimes, a man is so far ahead of his time that it is hard for his contemporaries to understand him. Judge Adams is such a man. As a judge, he is light years ahead of his time.

His genius may not be understood for many years. It may not be apparent to us mere mortals. His work will be the subject of scholarly legal articles and study for many years.

Some of his pearls of judicial wisdom follow:

1) Family law often concerns itself with the amorphous concept of "best interests of the child." Some have complained that this term is too undefined to provide reasonable guidance in judicial proceedings. Well, Judge William Adams has come to the rescue. We still do not know all the contours of the best interests of the child but we do know thanks to Judge William Adams the mental health of the primary child care provider is not relevant to "best interests." Thus, it doesn't matter with respect to the best interests of the child, if the child care provider is homicidal, psychotic, suicidal, and hullucinatory, among other things. In other words, a homicidal, hullucinatory, psychotic psychotic is just as good as someone who is not.

2) Naturally, from principle no. 1, it therefor follows that any discovery into the mental health history of a primary health care provider is irrelevant and should not be allowed.

3) Children should never be believed. This includes a child who everybody describes as bright and honest. If a child says he was abused, he should be ignored. If a parent doesn't ignore the child, the parent should be sanctioned (and her lawyer).

4) Similarly, if child says he has been abused, the alleged abuser should be asked whether he abused the child. If the alleged abuser denies the abuse, the issue should be dropped.

5) If the child says various people were present during the abuse, then those people have no relevance as witnesses. If the child's parents attempts to question them, she should be sanctioned (and her lawyer also).

6) If the child says he was abused at a restaurant, but people who abused the child deny having been at the restaurant at the relevant time, it is irrelevant that two waiters at the restaurant say they were there.

7) All children are fantasizers all the time; thus, anyone, who believes a child is frivolous and must be sanctioned.

8) If there is no videotape of something, it should not be presented in Court. No videotape, then it didn't happen.

9) Written communication don't count; only phone calls.

10) If a witness he doesn't have a clue what the charts he present mean or how they were created, then this means the charts are conclusive proof.

These are just a few "Judge William Adams" pearls of judicial wisdom. His wisdom is too vast to be learned in just one lesson."

7. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

This video makes my blood boil. What an absolute scumbag of a man her father is. To think that he is a judge? Words fail me. Genuinely.

"What happened to you? Once you were a nice little girl. Now you lie, cheat and steal."

SHE IS A TEENAGER, YOU SCUMBAG. That's not an excuse, but every parent on this planet surely recognises that the teenage years can be the most difficult. There is never justification to abuse a child in this way. The mother is just as bad for standing by and watching it.

The vicious nature of his actions, along with the intensity and duration illustrates that this man enjoyed beating his daughter in this way. That is not a form of punishment or chastisement. Just 100% abuse.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, props to the girl for being clever enough to capture this via (I presume) webcam as evidence.

As for that man....

That man is a judge????? That's a really sick joke.

Bastard needs to be in jail. :mad:

And yeah, #8 is not only going to be his downfall but it's...pretty ironic, don't you think?

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You mean like the little girl that was being poisoned in The Sixth Sense? ;)

10. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Saw this yesterday, it's pretty brutal. He definitely needs some decent punishment. Also, if she got beaten for downloading stuff again, why did she do it again? I learned pretty quickly what not to do when I got a hiding.

11. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Yes and it looks like a really lousy one too. Yep the irony is just great.

12. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

There is a different between being disciplined and spanked and being beaten, which is what happened here. Also, I highly doubt you were given a 'hiding' at 16 years old.

13. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

The fact that she taped this brutal attack leads me to believe this monster had done this many times before ... put him in with the general prison population and let him understand the difference between a severe beating and discipline.

14. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

You missed my point. I'm aware that this has far passed the line of acceptable disciplinary action for any parent. My point was that after the first time the dad did this (she claim it happened a lot) wouldn't common sense tell you to not do the thing that caused it? Although I guess she would have to do it again to be able to film proof like she did.

And yes, my mom did hit me when I was 16. Not necessarily a hiding but it was most definitely physical punishment, and afterwards I didn't do that thing any more (at least in her presence). I think it's called the self preservation instinct or something.

15. Surely Guest

Surely

Oh, it isn't? **** you.

Scumbag.

I would never lay a finger on my kid (or any future kids we may have) no matter what they do.

16. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I got beat. Beat, beat. Proper. Like the video, and worse. Even got choked once.

There's not really a common sense aspect to it. These are your parents, the people who are supposed to protect you from harm. And the acts of violence aren't necessarily in reaction to anything you've done — or haven't done — it's often irrational. Sometimes I was beat because there was too much whisky. Other times, not enough. Hell, sometimes I thought it was just to round out a Sunday. And you're sixteen, or twelve or eight, you don't know what common sense is yet, you're just a kid, and these are the people you're supposed to be able to trust.

17. Surely Guest

Surely

I'm sorry that happened to you. :(

I doubt that it helps, but when I hear stories like yours, it makes me be a better parent.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This is disgusting. Put that man in jail and let him take some beatings for a change. I hope he rots in prison.

As many of you know, Iscariot and I are very good friends in real life outside this forum. He's not telling you half of it. He's been through some pretty terrible stuff, and I give him credit for sharing this much here. But he survived it, and has turned himself into a very amazing person. Me loves my Captain America. ;)

19. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I guess you're right

20. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

Made the news here in Taiwan this evening. That guy needs a good beating himself. Imagine how many people got long or stiff sentences because he lost it? That POS.

Attached Files:

• TV.jpg
      TV.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
  21. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

As a parent, this video offends me.

As a Texan, this man's actions offend me.

I can't imagine him being re-elected after this video, but sadly, I wouldn't be totally surprised if he somehow avoids criminal charges. There are still too many parents out there who think spanking your kids with a belt is okay. And that offends me, too.

22. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm not sure if you're aware of how abuse is dished out. Like it's been said before, there is never any rhyme or reason and as a child you're not sitting there trying to apply logic to the situation. Perhaps this beating was the reaction to something she had done wrong but beatings like this do not always follow wrong doing. Handed a "decent punishment" doesn't even begin to describe what should happen to this coward.

I couldn't get through the entire video myself but I imagine it did not end with hugs and kisses.

24. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

They're both disgusting human beings. Somehow I find the mother more disturbing… poor kid :(

25. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't think it's an entirely facetious point. Just yesterday, the LATimes ran this piece:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-ed-judiciary-20111101,0,7803352.story?track=rss

Now I'm no neoconservative, but what this amounted to, to me, was a "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE" screaming fest suggesting that the judiciary should be sacrosanct from any kind of examination by the other branches of government.

Meanwhile, the judiciary has amazing powers to make itself and agents of the prosecutor immune from legal action (within the judicial branch) for their own behavior.

http://www.npr.org/2011/11/01/141879836/supreme-court-to-weigh-case-of-false-testimony

My issue is that, when these cases happen, a judge gets much more benefit of the doubt than some guy who works at the lumber store. There ought to be a pretty quick procedure for benching a judge who presides over child-related cases, while this is investigated, and then acting swiftly and decisively, if the allegations are true, to protect the legal system from being poisoned by a person who judges but does not have interest in themself abiding by the law.