Jumping To Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by b-rad g, Aug 9, 2012.

1. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

So with the new iPhone on the horizon I am thinking of switching to Verizon as I am fed up with AT&T with there nickel and dime and milking everything. And if they do "charge" for FaceTime over 3G I will be jumping to either VZW or Sprint, but I have a question for those who are on VZW.

AT&T allows you to upgrade early for an extra $250 which lets you get the iPhone every year and if you sell your current iPhone for ~$300 you're only out ~$150 on a 16GB so a pretty good deal. Does VZW do anything like this? It wouldn't be a deal breaker, but it's nice to have the option to upgrade if you really wanted to.

2. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

They didn't offer anything like this last year for the 4S. They simply offered full retail and encouraged you to use their trade-in program to lower your cost. I doubt they'd change this year, but one can hope. As a former AT&T-er, I miss this. :(

3. SevengerNC macrumors regular

SevengerNC

I've been with an iPhone at AT&T for 3 years. Don't know why, but they've always given me the free upgrade early. I got the 4S last Nov, and it's already saying I qualify for an upgrade.
    Sold my first iPhone on Ebay in 5 mins for about $200. Same thing with second one fro $225. I keep thinking I'm not asking enough. Might as $250 this time.
    I'm grandfathered in the AT&T data plan so I'm sticking. Other than the occasional dropped call no problem, and I don't like the idea of Verizon not allowing you to talk and surf at the same time (unless they've upgraded that).

4. b-rad g thread starter macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

How much is the typical trade-in allowance? I guess even if they'd give you $300 for the old one you would still be shelling out $350 to to reach the full unsubsidized price, so maybe I'll have to come up with some more pros and cons of swtiching.

5. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I take it you are using the "buy it now" function on eBay to sell your phone??

An auction will usually get you more money for your iPhone. I sold a cracked iPhone for $450 a few years ago... and I sold a broken iPad for $321