June 25th = first day I can get my reserved iPhone4 from AT&T store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by turbospecc, Jun 22, 2010.

1. turbospecc macrumors newbie

I've been searching since I haven't heard much talk about this, but they told me when I reserved one in store around 1pm on June 15th that if I wanted it to come to the store to pick-up, the earliest I could pick it up was when they opened at 9am on Friday, June 25th (as opposed to having it mailed to me by June 24th). I chose the latter option since I would be at work, but looking online it doesn't look like anyone else has been told by their AT&T stores that Friday is the earliest they can pick it up.

Anyone have a similar experience?

2. mantan macrumors 68000

I think it's because the phones were scheduled to arrive via Fed Ex during the day on the 24th. My store said they would notify customers, but given the anticipated crowds they would not give a time and were telling people to come on the 25th. Which makes sense, it'll probably be a zoo that day.

I called today just to verify a Sunday pickup as I'm out of town the 24th. The local rep said they may get some of their shipment a day early and would notify those customers if they did. The ATT distribution center is here in Dallas, so if any get sent early, they would likely have some. YMMV at your local store.