June Desktop Thread

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
i've seen this on a couple diff forums that i usually visit. well what u do is post a screenshot of your desktop (to show it off ;) ), i know this may be a bad idea, but desktop posting threads on websites i usually visit are one of the most popular threads out there since ppl change their desktop looks constantly...
well enjoy n have fun :D
-Silvor

(n i wont bother posting a screenie cuz u know why ;) lol)

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
macaztec - you should edit the gray space below the hal eyeball and put some xserves in there.

That's actually a really good idea. Post the results when you're done with that macaztec, i'd like to see how it looks.

btw: there's already a thread for pics of your desktop, as pointed out by mac15...

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Most likely, yes. The maximum file size for attachments is 102400 bytes (roughly 100k?).

Just shrink it in ps or something.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by SilvorX
u can always sign up for a webpage acct at www.tripod.co.uk (they allow hot linking) for images, (n i think probably homepage.mac.com allows hotlinking)
Go to the iTools section at Apple.com and signup for an iDisk. They'll give you 20 megs of free space for what ever you'd like to put there, files, webpages, images, movies etc.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Originally posted by SilvorX
u can always sign up for a webpage acct at www.tripod.co.uk (they allow hot linking) for images, (n i think probably homepage.mac.com allows hotlinking)

I've done it from my apple webpage in the past, without problems. Plus, it saves arns' bandwidth!

Do it now!!!

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
ok...here's my mess...

the life of a production artist...

I have a tendency to keep it clean as much as possible...but things have been hectic around here lately...;)

Attachments

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Re: ok...here's my mess...

Originally posted by eyelikeart
the life of a production artist...

I have a tendency to keep it clean as much as possible...but things have been hectic around here lately...;)

That's a nice variation on the standard background in OS X. What's the black line running down the right for though?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: Re: ok...here's my mess...

Originally posted by britboy

That's a nice variation on the standard background in OS X. What's the black line running down the right for though?
I suppose it's just a dividing line that was put there by whomever created the desktop...it works well since in OS 9 everything defaults to the right side...

but as u can see...it's really not relevant to me....I have stuff everywhere....he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I don't change my desktop all that often, but I have one that I used for a while before I was on the boards here that I'll share, since I'm doing so work for the project on my other machine. Its a free lance job for a screen saver animation. This was one of the optional backgrounds I came up with.

Attachments

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Originally posted by britboy

I've done it from my apple webpage in the past, without problems. Plus, it saves arns' bandwidth!

Do it now!!!
listen to what britboy says :p lol
n if u do create an acct at tripod.co.uk/mac.com (or if u have one), just upload the image (preferably in jpeg format) and on the forums type in (for example) [ img ]http://members.lycos.co.uk/memberusername/imagename.jpg[ /img ] (remove space right b4 img and after so the image will show up) so it will save arn some bandwidth n space ;)

click here 2 go to tripod

click here to go to mac.com

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by dukestreet

The image seemed cropped. I like the Think Timeless image, saw that over at SpyMac. Nicely done and an even better idea.
I actually got that from the spymac gallerys like it, I haven't touched it.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by verbose101

I actually got that from the spymac gallerys like it, I haven't touched it.
But the words are cut off on the Think Timeless part, and even more of the image is missing. That's what I meant. What do you see when you click the link?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by dukestreet

But the words are cut off on the Think Timeless part, and even more of the image is missing. That's what I meant. What do you see when you click the link?
I see the two full desktops (dual screen) total image size 2560 x 1024.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
What browser are you using? I might be able to view the whole image because of the width, not sure. It is weird.

Ah, I copied it to my desktop and viewed it and it looks fine. IE on OS9 can't view the whole thing.