Junk mac keyboards, finally stickin it to Apple and yes, it feels good.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Kurfer, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Kurfer macrumors regular

Kurfer

First wireless keyboard doesn't last more than 6 months. Figure it's an anomaly, purchase new one. Sadly these things are around the $100 price point but what the hell i'll play the game.

No more than 1 year, this thing doesn't work again. Take it back to mac store:

"Sir, did you purchase an extended warranty for this?"

Yeah, F you...extended warranty for a ***** keyboard that can't last a year.

Bought new keyboard returned old one in box; I got your keyboard warranty right here Apple.

And nope, I don't feel bad at all. I'm beginning to loathe this company and it's products.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've been using an Apple Wireless Keyboard for about 5 years. It works as flawlessly and reliably as it did day one, and is the best keyboard I've ever used. The vast majority have good success with that keyboard. It's too bad you had a few bad experiences.

3. Kurfer thread starter macrumors regular

Kurfer

From a percentage standpoint I have not had good luck. There are currently 8 of them in my household on various different computers. 2 flat out died, 1 works when it wants to. The others seem to work ok other than eating my batteries.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Make sure the batteries are facing the right way. Some devices burn up batteries faster if they're installed backwards. For the others, you may also want to look for possible sources of interference with the Bluetooth signal.

AirPort and Bluetooth: Potential sources of interference

5. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

Yeah, sounds like user error to me. I've been using the same one for years now. Even before I switched to Macs I was using the Apple Keyboard. No issues.

Also get the rechargeable battery kit for chrissakes!

6. pingfan59 macrumors member

I have been using the same apple Bluetooth keyboard since September 2011 with rechargeable batteries installed the correct way with no problems. Sorry to hear you have had 2 bad ones in a row.

7. linds15 macrumors 6502a

Been using the same kb for 4 years now and no issues whatsoever. Never have had any either

8. doctheseus macrumors newbie

9. Che Castro macrumors 603

10. maxosx macrumors 68020

I've had excellent service from mine, next month it will be five years old and doing just fine. It's comfortable and handy since I also use it with my iPad 4.