Just a few movies is all I want

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rpaloalto, Jun 20, 2008.

1. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

I should be getting my ipod touch any day now.
    I will be syncing with my macbook rather than my iMac or mac pro.
    I would like to just keep 1 or 2 movies on my ipod touch, but not in my itunes library on my macbook.

With my macbook only having a 60 gig drive I have plenty of space for my music just not movies. Is their a way that I can load 1 or 2 movies from itunes to the ipod touch then delete them from my macbook, to save space.

I remember when I had my ipod that it would synch it's self to match what I had in my itunes. If the movies aren't their, it would remove them from the ipod.

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

there is no way that i know of. besides if you manually manage music, but im not sure if u can do that with the touch. i know u couldnt do it on the touch or iPhone when they came out but idk if they added the functionality with an update, does anyone care to add to this

3. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Yes, you CAN manually manage music now.

So you can do this. Load the movie, and then delete it from iTunes. HOWEVER, you must manually manage content to do this.

Alternatively, you could delete the actual movie file on you computer, but LEAVE the entry in iTunes. This way you can stay on Autosync.

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

so if you delete the file itunes wont give you an error message when it goes to auto sync and cant find the file, im pretty sure this wouldnt work, but i havent tried it

5. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Pretty sure it works, it's still in the latest ilounge.com book.

You sync the file FIRST, then delete the actual file on you computer, but leave the file reference in iTunes. I think it will warn you that it can't find the file on your computer, but it will NOT take the file off of the iPod.

6. rpaloalto thread starter macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

cool thanks, I should get my free touch mon. or tue. I'll try it then