Just a FYI : HBO Go is now available for Time Warner customers

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
If this is old news, my apologies but I just read about it. I downloaded hbo go and time Warner IS on there BUT they're having technical difficulties at the moment...lol...but at least some of us on time Warner can now enjoy hbo from our phones......AT&T throttling here I come :D

Votekinky06

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2011
Now i just wish HBO would offer HBOGo on a stand alone subscription service without having to get ripped off by Big Cable.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Now i just wish HBO would offer HBOGo on a stand alone subscription service without having to get ripped off by Big Cable.
I'm kind of happy that they don't offer you a basic subscription service and instead force you to purchase a rip-off like cable...

Makes it that much easier to know HBO is an ****** company, doesn't deserve my $, and I hope they go belly up for being greedy :D

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
I'm kind of happy that they don't offer you a basic subscription service and instead force you to purchase a rip-off like cable...

Makes it that much easier to know HBO is an ****** company, doesn't deserve my $, and I hope they go belly up for being greedy :D
As I recall, Showtime is doing the same thing now too. Pity, really. I'd be more than happy to spend the money for quality shows, rather than the crap that's on regular cable.

Votekinky06

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2011
As I recall, Showtime is doing the same thing now too. Pity, really. I'd be more than happy to spend the money for quality shows, rather than the crap that's on regular cable.
HBO and Showtime could make an absolute killing by just selling subscriptions to their content online and bypassing the cable providers. They would take all of the profit, and people would sign up in droves. I would pay up to $20 a month for each service and cancel cable altogether.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
HBO and Showtime could make an absolute killing by just selling subscriptions to their content online and bypassing the cable providers. They would take all of the profit, and people would sign up in droves. I would pay up to $20 a month for each service and cancel cable altogether.
Your absolutely right!! Cable providers charge up to 25 dollars for premium channels. Hbo can charge, let's say 9.99 a month, and they would still make a killing!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.