Just a FYI : HBO Go is now available for Time Warner customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ahfu25, Jan 13, 2012.

1. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

If this is old news, my apologies but I just read about it. I downloaded hbo go and time Warner IS on there BUT they're having technical difficulties at the moment...lol...but at least some of us on time Warner can now enjoy hbo from our phones......AT&T throttling here I come :D

2. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

Now i just wish HBO would offer HBOGo on a stand alone subscription service without having to get ripped off by Big Cable.

3. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

You have to have Time Warner Cable as your ISP though doncha?:confused:

4. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not just time warner, they have other isp's on their list.

----------

I agree!!!

5. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

You just have to have Time Warner as your cable provider. When you log into HBOGo, it routs you over to your cable provider and you log in through them.

6. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I'm kind of happy that they don't offer you a basic subscription service and instead force you to purchase a rip-off like cable...

Makes it that much easier to know HBO is an ****** company, doesn't deserve my $, and I hope they go belly up for being greedy :D

7. a.jfred macrumors 6502

As I recall, Showtime is doing the same thing now too. Pity, really. I'd be more than happy to spend the money for quality shows, rather than the crap that's on regular cable.

8. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

HBO and Showtime could make an absolute killing by just selling subscriptions to their content online and bypassing the cable providers. They would take all of the profit, and people would sign up in droves. I would pay up to $20 a month for each service and cancel cable altogether.

9. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Your absolutely right!! Cable providers charge up to 25 dollars for premium channels. Hbo can charge, let's say 9.99 a month, and they would still make a killing!!