Just bought 867mhz PB w/SD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by smharmon, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. smharmon macrumors member

    Jan 26, 2004
    I couldn't wait anymore, and bought the refurb pb with sd from apple for 1399... should I cancel the order, and wait out the revisions? I don't know if I can last that long?!? I am selling my emac on ebay, already sold my ibook, and am just going to have the PB. Pleae let me know if I went nuts, and should have waited!
  2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030


    Sep 18, 2003
    London, UK
    Sounds like you're possibly going nuts, sorry! ;)

    Great price and a great PowerBook, but then I expect there will probably be PB updates in about 1-2 months. In any case, why didn't you just keep your eMac and iBook a little longer first. Those are both really capable machines. Also, the 867 will be slower than your 1GHz eMac. You might be able to get a refurb on the current 1GHz model that I have - it has lots more such as 2x superdrive (not 1x like yours), USB2, mini-DVI instead of mini-VGA, 512k L2 cache, etc.

    Still, I wouldn't complain. $1399 is like £700. Do you realise, I have to pay £1550 ($3000) for the new 12" 1GHz PB Superdrive or £1299 ($2400) for combo, and refurbs are over £1100 (almost $2200)?

    EDIT: In fact, I saw you had an iBook 800 G4. Why did you get rid of that? The 867 PB will not really be any faster!!! In fact it'll be worse for playing games on! Sounds like you have gone mad!
  3. loubapache macrumors member

    Feb 12, 2004
    The same machine is selling for $1350 brand new by more than one authorized resellers in the US, the last time I checked.
  4. smharmon thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 26, 2004
    Right after I posted this thread, I found one for $1149 at techforless. I called apple, cancelled the order, and got the last one techforless had! They are shipping it overnight today! (and best of all, not taxes like apple charges, but I guess I will have to add it onto my state tax return at the end of '04!)

    Anyway, I am thrilled, now I just hope techforless.com is a good company!
  5. smharmon thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 26, 2004
    Oh, about why I sold the ibook, it was because I made about $200 on selling it. I got a great price because of a discount I was intitled to on a web site, sold it to a friend, and made $200 bucks. It was crazy to have an emac and an ibook, so in selling them, and buying this powerbook, I will come out way ahead. All I really wanted was the ibook with a superdrive. Now I got it, and for a great price too!

Share This Page