Just bought a 16GB touch, just Jailbroke it, just heard a buzz noise..?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Star Destroyer, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

Hey,

So i purchased my first Touch today, took it home JB'd it without a problem, then it was restarting and it made a little buzz noise, kinda like a static shock, i went on safari for a bit, and i think when returning back to the home screen it made the same little buzz noise..

See i dont know if this is just one of those noises the Touch makes, or if it is a random static shock...

Could someone please confirm that it is really just a noise apple has programed into the touch, and has nothing to do with mine being broken :D

Thanks for the help, its much appreciated!

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

if your on about the WiFi that might have an effect on your speakers/headphones

buzz buzz every so often just the touch talking with your WiFi network - if not then your doomed:D

also what did you use to JB?

3. jonswan macrumors regular

4. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Someone on here started to here a buzz after a failed "ZiPhone" attempt. Could of just been a coincidence though.

5. Star Destroyer thread starter macrumors 6502

Well..

I used Ziphone.orgs 2.6b for ipod Touchs.

I unboxed my 16GB touch, plugged it into my macbook, closed itunes and then selected "Unlock Touch" (the basic one, whatever it was)

Then it did its thing, no wait, no errors, nothing.
    Ziphone said it was complete, and successful. so i closed the program and that was the last of it.

I think it might have been a sound effect, because i turned off the sound effects and i have never heard it again...

It was through the external speaker thingy (the one that clicks when you select stuff)

I JB it so that i can change customize it silly, now i can use the theme i made, i can play on iphysics, and i can have a real to-do list. I wont load it with crap, just a few (maybe 5) apps from installer. Then restore it after 2.0 comes out in June.

6. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

Oh must have been the confirmation chirp that gets played everytime the iPod Touch is connected to a computer.

7. MFslacker22 macrumors newbie

yeah that is normal the pod makes a buzz sound everytime u connect it or reset it.

8. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

It sounds like "diddle-nee".

9. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Why jb the damn thing... if there was a way i could unlock iPhone without JB i would do so.... i knew SDK was going to come out and all apps are useless... i dont want to damage my iPhone to keep applicatios that are not designed by apple - i only want to use sim cards of networks that apple dont have agreements with......

iPod touch has everything that iPhone? would the January Software Upgrade not solve your to-do problem?????

10. Star Destroyer thread starter macrumors 6502

I jailbroke it mostly so that i could run summerboard, honestly i made a custome theme, installed it so now i have the icons i really like, and a nice background. I also installed Mxtube, iphysics(i will probably delete it cause i dont think i will ever use it).

I played around on it with JB'd apps, and it destroyed my battery life, so i dont think i will be using them.

Yes, the january update made my every dream come true, i just wanted to have my own icons and wallpaper like on a computer.. i doubt i will use anything else, and i most likely will delete MxTube shortly since i will never use that either.

I also, plan on restoring to defaults when 2.0 comes out. so chill, no need for more then one question mark.

PS - yes, it was just the chirp, it caught me off guard when i initailly heard it so it was slurred into a buzzing noise to my ears. I reheard it and it is indeed a normal apple like sound when connecting to itunes.

Thankyou everyone for your help to calm me down in this paniced hour