Just bought a mouse and monitor

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by ardchoille50, May 14, 2016.

1. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I just bought a Magic Mouse and Acer monitor for my Mac mini.

I was using a 1080p television with my mini and the picture was so-so. This new Acer monitor, however, provides a much better picture. I guess a monitor really is much better than a television.

I was using a generic USB mouse with my mini, but the Apple Magic Mouse is so much better. I'm loving the gestures it provides and the scrolling is so much smoother. It's hard to believe they can do all of this with a mouse.

Next up is a magic keyboard, but that will have to wait until next month. I was under the impression that Apple made a magic keyboard with backlit keys, but the folks at Best Buy haven't heard of such a thing from Apple. Is Apple working on this?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Have not heard anything about one.

3. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

The Magic Keyboard DOES NOT have backlit keys. That alone was my biggest issue moving from rMBP to a 27" iMac - especially when using it at night.

4. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

I think I may have confused the apple magic keyboard with the macbook keyboards.

5. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Possibly, but the only hint of it (that I am aware of) was an accidental leak from Apple over a year ago:
    http://9to5mac.com/2015/03/23/apple-wireless-keyboard-backlit-keys/

That was a long time ago, so I certainly wouldn't wait for one. In the meantime, Logitech makes backlit keyboards with Mac layout. I believe that is the closest you'll get.

6. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020