Just bought a new iphone 5!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hakuna-matata, Sep 11, 2013.

1. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

I wonder if it was a good decision? In my place 5C would be launched around Nov but i needed a phone now..but it will be discontinued at 5C launch..will price fall be significant for a i5??:confused:

2. Bahroo macrumors 68000

well they are discontinuing the iphone 5 when the 5C launches...

To be honest the 5 is still a great buy today and competes extremely well with the One and Galaxy S4 in terms of performance and camera performance etc..

Enjoy your new device, i would much rather have a 5 then a 5C

3. verseafterverse macrumors member

i use virgin mobile as a service provider and they would more then likely if they do get the 5c and the 5 was onsale for 439 so i grabbed the 5 the 5c just looks unattractive to me

4. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Good buy! I have one, and my boyfriend has been planning on trading in his 4S for the 5 to get a real T-Mobile phone instead of an unlocked one from AT&T. He'll either get the 5 before the 20th or just wait and get the 5S.

5. hakuna-matata thread starter macrumors 6502

that's exactly i was thinking when i bought that..thanks:cool:

6. munakib macrumors 6502

I just bought the 5 today too! :) 599, thats 100$ off from yesterdays 699. They will stop selling it once the stock runs out here in Canada.

5C will cost 599 too, but I am not paying that much for an unapologetic piece of plastic.

Good news for us, there might be a jailbreak coming our way on 6.1.4, some guy/kid already cracked it. So even if there is no JB in iOS7 (which looks awful though) we can stick to iOS6.

7. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Look at it this way. You already have doubts on whether the purchase was a good decision or not. You will be stuck with this phone for two years. Assuming you got a 16GB version, you paid $199 for it. That same $199 can get you a 16GB iPhone 5S (not 5C). Sales start next week. You can order it online on 9/18 and have it within two weeks.

If I were in your situation, I would return the phone and use a spare/dumb phone until you have the new one in your hand.

8. hakuna-matata thread starter macrumors 6502

just checked ios - its 6.1.4:(..hope the jb comes soon

9. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

How do you know that? Only countries in the first rollout have been announced so far.

10. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

The 5C is a 5, with just a cheap plastic backing for the same price. If you can find the 5 for the same price (or cheaper) than a 5C, I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. Would rather have the higher end phone for the same price.

11. munakib macrumors 6502

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-6.1.4-ios-with-cydia-on-iphone-5-achieved-image/

Only a matter of time, hopefully within weeks!!!

But, if you paid it under contract, and the price will be the same for the 5S - I would definitely request you to hand it back and wait for the 5S. I went for the 5 just because it was cheaper than the 5S for me. 5 over 5C anyday.

12. iAlphard macrumors regular

It is still a good decision. Over 5C, the i5 looks and feels more premium. And compared to 5S aside from the touch sensor, the hardware bump is not as incremental as 4S to 5. We shall see it in geekbench result on 20th or more. And for the camera? i5 will get the iOS 7, with all the slow mo and stuff. Maybe better in low light situation, but overall image quality won't be that much different.
    Just relax and enjoy your i5.

13. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

If your decision was 5 or wait for the 5C I say you certainly made the right decision. Outside of the white the rest of them look like big easter eggs. With the 5 you get a the premium aluminum construction and IMHO much better looks. Of course that is subjective. I say you easily made the right call.

14. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

LMAO. Progress in the making.