Just bought a standard MBP i5 2.5 glossy screen...my 2 cents

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by parajba, May 1, 2010.

1. parajba macrumors 6502

Hi everybody,

I would like to share my thoughts, it might help somebody out there.

Last week I placed an online order on the Apple website and bought an i5 2.4GHz Hi-Res AntiGlare MBP. The following day I cancelled the order as I realised that the fonts/menus were too small.

Yesterday I found an offer at a local UK store (Comet). A standard glossy i5 2.4GHz with Office 2008 for £1,399. I bought one straight away. They still have some btw.

Here's my comments, compared to my other MB (rev. E, white book).

- The screen is gorgeous, I often complained about the screen of my previous MB, the 13'' panel was plain awful. This 15.4'' is a big improvement! Probably the best 15.4 screen I've owned. It's comfy on the eyes, fonts are big enough but you also get real estate, no strain on eyes even after several hours, colors are very vibrant
    - The keyboard is very comfy, accurate and fast! I often complained about the keyboard of my previous mac (it was very inaccurate!). Apple surely have improved things a lot on this new MBP! Again, best keyboard I owned.
    - This machine is FAAAAAAST!
    - The battery (general surfing) lasts easily for 7 hours (50% brightness). You could get 8 hours with 20% brightness I reckon.
    - The unibody is so sleek and solid! big improvement from the white plastic of the white MB
    - The new trackpad is so cool! very easy to use, the click button is noisy (compared to my MB), but I don't use it anyway (I tap to click)
    - It runs cooler than my previous MB C2D. I thought these machines were supposed to run v hot! According to the general consensus anyway...
    - No struck/dead pixels/yellow tint etc. Just lucky?
    - The wifi connection is faster than on my previous MB (same wifi router, same location, same provider, I still have the 'old' white MB in the same room, did parallel tests, it is noticeably faster).

After the crap keyboard and screen of my previous MB I wasn't sure about my next laptop, I even looked at Dell at some point! Shame on me I know. BUT I'm glad though I gave Apple another try because this laptop is simply amazing.

Just my 2 cents.

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Congrats on your new machine and enjoy it. They are great machines and so much faster then the last revision.