just bought a thunderbolt (crap) but the new iphone is coming out soon!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abond2014, Jul 30, 2011.

1. abond2014 macrumors member

abond2014

hey guys,

i just bought a thunderbolt and it has been causing me problems, i dont like it at all, ever since i got it its just been a pain in the a**. And now the new iphone is coming out and quite frankly i would much rather prefer that since its an apple product and is much more convenient since i have all my music and what not.

Are there any options for me like returning the phone ect.
    but the problem is that its out of return date....

so what are my options?:D

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

If you're out of the return timeframe, your option is to sell it and use that money to purchase whatever device you'd rather have.

That's it.

3. MagnusF macrumors regular

x2

Not why this is in a iPhone forum :confused:

4. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I never understand why people try to switch from Apple, seriously Android and HTC, Motorola and any other phone maker are not ready to compete aggressively with Apple, it's fact not fiction!

5. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Actually, it's personal opinion.

6. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I think my EVO-3D, I am typing on now, begs to differ. This phone runs circles around the iPhone4, no comparison. Bigger screen with more real estate to view pages...long lasting battery...Sense 3.0 is amazing UI...

iPhone5 has its work cut out for it.

7. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Hello, gimmick. :rolleyes:

8. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

I switched from a 3GS to a Thunderbolt. The Android OS isn't as easy to navigate as iOS. Plus, several apps (not just the Verizon bloatware) will start up whenever they feel like it. I use widgets for the mobile radio & wifi radio to switch them on/off to help with battery life. And that includes also having the extended size battery.

To abond2014, if you want to PM me, I can try to answer any questions you may have about the TB. Depending on whether you want to spend more money to swap to an iPhone 4 or just wait for the 5/4S/next iPhone, I might be able to help you tolerate the TB until the next iPhone comes out. It seems as if there is some intolerance towards other phones on an Apple forum. :D

9. naths macrumors 6502

10. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Id sure hope so, since the iPhone 4 is over a year old now, and the EVO 3D just came out barely a month ago..wait until the iPhone 5 comes out, minus the gimmick of 3D that, is very poor on the 3D. I work for Sprint, and got to test out the 3D a few days before it released. The 3D gave me a headache within 15 minutes..if I ever had that phone, 3D would be forced off. It's a feature to rub in everyone's face that they have it, but don't ever use it.

As for the battery, I'll call BS. As the #1 complaint for ALL HTC devices is that the battery life is crap. Hell, just barely even using it at work, it was just about to die. All the reviews have said the battery life was pathetic on this device. I highly doubt the standard battery for you just gets great battery life, or you don't do anything with the phone at all.

11. Darthdingo, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I did not buy my 3VO for the 3D, I bought it as an EVO-2. My old EVO 4G was rooted with custom ROM, and its battery life was still poor. But my stock EVO-3D is SIGNIFICANTLY longer battery life. It lasts me a full day, where my EVO 4G never could.

I used the 3D once, I give two *****ts about it. This phone has beastly spec's, and the best software with Sense 3.0.

I play with my Brother's iPhone4, and the software feels so outdated and basic to me. I had an iPhone3G few years ago, and it seems the OS hasn't changed at all since then. It looks boring to me now.

12. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

I will say as an avid android user(prefer my iPhone to any dual core android to be completely honest) that android has many forums you may go to for questions. I will say that I had a EVO 3D, it has beast like specs, but 3D is nothing more than a waste of time and a optical illusion. Not to mention sprints service is borderline Terrible.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This seems to be your best bet.

14. jonrando macrumors 6502a

rofl.

15. abond2014 thread starter macrumors member

abond2014

so is there anything i can do or am i stuck with this phone?

16. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Repeating myself.

17. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

From the sound of things, you don't want to try to like the phone. Sell the TB & get an iPhone. You won't be happy until you do.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

When did you get the Thunderbolt? If you are within 30 days, return it to Verizon. If not, sell it and get an iPhone.

19. DLyman macrumors member

It's 14, not 30...

20. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

I'm not against Android but honestly I perfer iOS becasue it feels better made and easier to use. I can understand why you would say you would rather go with iPhone becasue Apple makes it. Apple presents quality in their products and although Android may be a strong competitior it feels like the slut of phone OS's to me. Android will land on any phone it feels like landing on, similar to how Windows will be on any computer whether the computer sucks or not. I feel like Apple has some pride with their OS's.

Yes, I realize that is MY opinion. The rest of you have yours and I respect that.

Sell your Thunderbolt and get iPhone 5!

21. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

Had one sold it. Now back to iphone 4