Just bought new MBP and need help transfering stuff from 4S to new [itunes] laptop!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by M5RahuL, Jul 3, 2012.

1. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Hey guys, just upgraded from a 2011 13" MBP to Mid 2012 15" MBP and would like to transfer stuff from my 4S to this new computer.

I already transferred the apps [ transfer purchases ] but am unable to do the following from 4S to iTunes:

1) Pictures and,
    2) Music

I would've done a Backup and restored from, but my 4S is JB'en, and re-doing everything would be a huge PITA.

Is there any way I can transfer pictures and songs from my 4S to iTunes and not have to a Restore from Backup ?

Thanks all!! :apple:

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Senuti will let you recover your music off the iPhone. As far as the pictures are concerned, did you sync them to the phone or did you shoot them with the camera? If you synced, you probably don't want to pull them over anyway as they were reduced in resolution to take up less space on the iPhone's flash memory. You'd be better off copying the folder containing the pictures to your Mac and re-syncing them. And if you took the pictures with the iPhone you can import them into iPhoto or using Image Capture.