Just bought refurbished MBP 2.6Ghz 200GB for £1,129. Is this a good buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Son of Matrix, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Son of Matrix macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

I just bought the below:-

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.6Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    15.4-inch widescreen display
    2GB memory
    200GB hard drive (should be 7200rpm)
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB of GDDR3 Memory
    Built-in iSight Camera

I got it for £1,129. I really hope it is a good buy. I think this has two BTO, one is to 2.5ghz and the other one is for the hard disk to become 7200rpm.

Anyone remembers price (£) for this MBP before refurbished?
    And anyone think I should cancel this order?

Thank you

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

It would probably have cost you £1699-£1799 or even £1899. There's no question it is a good deal. The 8600 card however might be troublesome and give you headaches in the future

3. Son of Matrix thread starter macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

hopefully apple has change the graphics card to a newer batch when they refurbish that unit. i mean they should. I feel better purchasing from Apple itself than from other retailers like PC World UK as they might still have the old stocks...

All these are so based on luck...

4. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

hey thats a great deal - however I am sure apple has admitted these cards area at fault so I wouldn't be worried about them. To be honest by the time they go in all accounts you could/would be looking for a new lappy

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...ook_pros_affected_by_faulty_nvidia_chips.html

I have the last gen (see specs) and they truly are amazing machines.

Also I have seen the MBPs et al in person and I have to say keyboard aside(chiclet far superior imho) the design is cleaner on the last gen

d:apple:

oh and congratulations on your first mac (if your sig is true) you will never look back...just prepare yourself for how expensive it can get ;)