Just bought the Canon Powershot SD 880 IS and received the free leather Case...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by CSilver, Jun 23, 2009.

1. CSilver macrumors 6502

Okay... so I guess the June is Canon's month... So I received the free Leather Case but it has the Magnet....

I don't know exactly what Magnet does to the electronics but I do know that it isn't good.

So here is my question... the case was worth about 35 dollars but has the magnet on the flap and I am curious if I should go back to the store and ask for a different one or just sell it to someone...

Any suggestions on what kind of case is good for the camera??

Thanks in advance, Chris.

2. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I've had a magnet on the case of my camera and camcorder for years and have never had a problem... I actually find it faster to take it out...

3. CSilver thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright, thanks for your reply... I do wonder though if the electronics can get damaged from magnet why would the companies who make Cameras make the magnetic camera cases lol

4. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

return it for the piece of mind, imo. I have headphones that came with a case in which my mp3 player also fits. I store them togeather but I worry abou the magnets every time. in all likelyhood there will be no problems, but it's just not worth the loss of your piece of mind!